Sign in to follow this  
Nitin

How to Verify Reliablety of Print counter

I want to know that if it is possible to verify that unresatable counter is reset by total data reload

or

you can say that is it possible to know that total data reload is done on a machine or not.

and if it is possible how can i do that.

There are 2 types of counter. One is a software based counter; the other is a mechanical counter.

The software counters can be inaccurate and can be manipulated; it would be irresponsible for me to tell you how this is done. But it can be done.

The mechanical counter (normally fitted only as an option) cannot be reset very easily.

Why are you asking this question?

I agree cutters rollers etc wear out based on how many prints that have been made and what type of paper has been used, but these are pretty cheap to replace in the scheme of things.

With regard to the laser unit, the blue & green lasers are on all the time whether the machine is making prints or not (obviously not when the machine is in program timer mode).

So the number of prints made is pretty irrelevant in the case of the laser unit. As the laser unit is the most expensive part of the machine to replace this is very important.

What I was trying to point out is that you cannot totally rely on print counts as it is impossible to know if they are accurate or not, unless the machine has a mechanical counter fitted. They also only give you part of the story.

For example:-

1. You could have had a 2 year old machine running 24 hours a day 7 days a week but with not many prints made during that time. (low print count)

2. Or another 2 year old machine running 8 hours a day, 5 days a week that has done lots of prints (high print count)

Which machine is going to cost you more in the long run?