• Announcements

• NeilT

Mini Lab Help.com 2018 UPDATE   01/01/2018

2018- Mini Lab Help are seeking sponsors/advertisers to help us keep this web site going. We have to cover our running and licensing cost. Please do let us know if you are interested.
      We would now consider the sale of this web site, please contact us if you wish to discuss. 
Sign in to follow this  
johnf168

Blue Rubber

post-6965-0-69457400-1366269087_thumb.jpgHello,

Can someone help me on how to change the blue rubber belts in between the magazine and the exposure deck? The blue rubber is the part that helps the paper travel up to the racks. If I don't have the original, is there a substitute parts that i can use?

post-6965-0-72433900-1366269158_thumb.jpg

Yep.  $500 and change from Integra.  Wow.  I'm only missing 3 so far, so I'm good for a while.  I only use 10" and 12" paper.

One of them actually made it to my blix rack, jammed it, and stripped the rack gear on the drive roller.  I have no idea where the other two are.

Ken

I got a belt that's close in size, texture, and stretch.  It's from an 8-track player.  Here's where I got it:

http://www.ceitron.com/passive/flatMbelt.html

It is FM7.25.  It's a bit narrower but otherwise it looks like it will work.  I'm going to get a set and try it out,  I'll let everyone know.

I'm still suffering with the short prints:

http://www.minilabhelp.com/topic/23991-short-first-print-in-dks-1710/

Any ideas are appreciated.

Take care,

Ken

OK.  I put 12 FM7.25 belts on our DKS1710 machine (since that was all the company had) and it's working fine.  I replaced the blue belts on the exposure deck.  They are the belts that run across the two roller on the right and they uncurl the paper.   I'll let you know how long they last.  The belts measure as follows:

.2" X .023" X 7.25"

184mm long (58.5mm diameter) X 0.6mm thick X 5mm wide

I'm having the same issue in my DKS 1750,  every week one of this blue belts is breaking.

In my oppinion I think that any rubber with the correct size would the the job but the difficulty would be change the belts because is necessary to disassemble part of the exposure deck to just put those new belts.

Anyone can tell me the right steps to disassemble it to change the belts? 

Is necessary take out from the machine completely the expossure plan deck?

Edited by Studio01