• Announcements

• NeilT

Mini Lab Help.com For Sale   03/16/2017

2017 - Minilab Help could face closure at the end of the year. Our outgoing running cost and time is no longer being covered by our sponsorship. 
      With almost 10,000 members we have grown to be perhaps the worlds largest forum for Mini Lab Help. 
      We would now consider the sale of this web site, please contact us if you wish to discuss. 
Pongsathorn Chalermchuang

C4/C5 Version

Hi Guys,

I got a SP2000 as a stand alone scanner running on NT and connected with IBM Thinkpad R52 as a DIC. My DIC operate with XP service pack 1 and the C4/C5 software from the seller. I use only free export JPG and I found the problem with it.

1. Converting process is really slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I'm not sure issue related to the hardware specification or the OS. Seller said to me that the C4/C5 required Win2K to make it faster. Should I get a PC for Win2K? I founded someone posted about running the latest patch on XP flawlessly. I would like to run it on XP if possible.  

2. I got the CD from seller inclunded the C4/C5 Version 5.5-0E-912a. Is it a latest one? Please guide me when I can get the latest one. my email is toeydsti@gmail.com.

3. Seller said to me that using Ethernet hub to connect between SP2000 and DIC will make it run faster. Is it true?

4. How can I delete hung order (order number = Toey001321) and the other completed order? I tried to solve hung process by reboot the system but it won't work. It stop processing since yesterday night. :(

5. While converting the file, should I shut down the SP2000? I shut it down last night due to very slow process and went to bed. When I woke up, nothing change at all. (T T)

Best regards,

Pongsathorn 

To run C4/C5 on Windows XP. is recommended service pack 3. 

It is hard to say what makes your scanning so slow. Installed on XP this software require to make many configurations manually. Can be missed something and now see results. You can install C4/C5 on Windows 2000. This software is designed to run on this system, so installation very easy and do not require manual configurations.   

You have latest version, but not latest build. I have version 5.5 and build 953k ( you have older - 912a ) .My version is latest.

Internet hub can't increase LAN speed. So it is not true. Scanning speed can increase FMPC ( image will go through firewire cable there ) . But scanning speed should be fast enough, when all installed well.

You can delete order. If doesn't work ( system hung ) close it from task manager ( kill process ) . 

You can turn off scanner only if image files already transfered to workstation.

My advice would be put to your workstation other hard disc and install Windows 2000 and C4/C5 there.

On scanner computer go to menu and make backups to floppy disc there. Also make hard disc image file ( with any hard disc cloning software ) . Having them you anytime can restore, if something will be wrong during installation or will have some problems with hard disc. It will save you from initial scanner startup what is quite hard to do and should have some special equipment to make it.  

Sir, I got an old Dell Optiple gx520 with fresh Win2K. VGA and Ethernet driver are installed. I got an error related to "DB_MAKE create process error" while following the installation manual on the internet.

http://www.minilabhelp.com/index.php/topic/14277-i-need-installation-manual-c4c5/

Try this:
1)install Win 2000 and service pack 4
2)install motherboard and video drivers
3)name computer FRONTEND on the network tab
4)enter network settings and add NETbeui protocol
5)create user FRONTIER with password FRONTIER and make it belong to administration group(also make the system boot with FRONTIER user and not ask for a password)
6)install MSDE - restart
7)install 64 - restart
8)install FDIA - restart
That's all 

Do I have to install A1 before C4/C5 in DIC? I got an error while installing FDIA :( Please help

On external computer do not install A1. A1 is for scanner computer. Before installing C4/C5 you have install Winaspi driver. Also should make proper network settings. Also I do not see that you made proper hard disc and CD drive configurations. I installed this soft many times and all worked well. Installation on Windows 2000 is very easy. It is more difficult to run on XP.  Even is possible to connect second workstation to the same minilab - just have know how.

On external computer do not install A1. A1 is for scanner computer. Before installing C4/C5 you have install Winaspi driver. Also should make proper network settings. Also I do not see that you made proper hard disc and CD drive configurations. I installed this soft many times and all worked well. Installation on Windows 2000 is very easy. It is more difficult to run on XP.  Even is possible to connect second workstation to the same minilab - just have know how.

Sir, please could you explain for more detail on Network setting, Hard disc and CD drive configurations.

I divided my hard drive into 3 drives. C, D and E. I believe that C for the OS and FDI, D for inspool and outspool and E for the image export drive.

I have no idea about network configuration. I added NETbeui protocol before start installation. However, Do I need to plug the Ethernet cable before install the C4/C5?

Please help

Finally, the installation was completed. 

but..........

New PC with Win2K didn't solve the slow issue. ( Pentium D 3.4Ghz, 512 MByte of ram, 80 GB, Win2K)

I got 3 question.

1. Which PC do the convert file? (The PC in the scan table or DI)

2. If I upgrade the PC in the scan table, is it going to convert faster?

3. Please could you advise me how to install A1, C4/C5 in the PC in scan table? (Is there any different from installing C4/C5 in DI?)

Best Regards,

Toey

Hello. Then should use faster computer. Modern and faster motherboard, more RAM and especially fast hard disc can make all process faster.

Files are converted in external computer.

You can upgrade scanner computer, but quite difficult to do that. It make scanning a little faster.

In SCANNER computer install C4/C5 is more easy.

First step is recovery CD. Pay attention - before that should make backups ( to floppy disc and copy their content to some more reliable place ) . After recovery CD you have only Windows. Of course you can skip recovery, if Windows is well. 

Second step install A1. During A1 installation you have load backups ( from floppy ) .

When A1 will be installed system will ask install C4/C5 . Just put CD and all will be installed. Pay attention that on external computer and scanner computer should be installed the same C4/C5 version.

Hello everybody,

The latest version of C4/C5 as I know is 976. This version fully works with Windows XP professional SP3 with English character set.

Be so kind and download it from

https://mega.co.nz/#!oYoQSbqI!TqJKwWnl9W4SDmXk6u5D4kic1IQtrXLKZMulR-CPwbM

and don´t forget to post feedback here.

Do not forget create administrator Account with FRONTIER name and password as well.

Then:

1/ download file

2/ unzip by 7zip software

3/ run setup.exe

4/ install MSDE first

5/ restart and install the rest of C4/C5

The only difference is, that you have to manage some rights regarding sharing  inspool and outspool folders.

Good luck

Thank you...
will store it for a black day.

One question:
Does it exist without any patch like it was with ver.V5.5_0E_912a?
With that version there was a patch of ver.5.5-0E-953K...

This is version which works without any patch. And on Win 7 (32bit) as well.

There are some difficulties with rights rules on Inspool and Outspool folders, bud nothing tragic. Just "alow" everybody everithing in Control anel/Folder option and in Security policy in Properties/Security.

Eugen, your Blue laser gun works perfect :)

Hello everybody,

The latest version of C4/C5 as I know is 976. This version fully works with Windows XP professional SP3 with English character set.

Do not forget create administrator Account with FRONTIER name and password as well.

Then:

1/ download file

2/ unzip by 7zip 

Hello everybody,

Then:

1/ download file

2/ unzip by 7zip software

3/ run setup.exe

4/ install MSDE first

The only difference is, that you have to manage some rights regarding sharing  inspool and outspool folders.

Good luck

software

3/ run setup.exe

4/ install MSDE first

Good luck

HELLO,

I have a version 953 i install it under wun xp as slave not as server

i hope have 976 version

please to send it for me

We have 350 system. Yesterday our DI ver5.5 953  refused to boot up. It was installed flawlesly on Win2K SP4 RUSSIAN a couple of years ago without any problem.

That's why I've installed a fresh Win2000 SP4 RUSSIAN and ... took nothing. Now I wonder to know what's wrong. I did the same steps:

FRONTEND machine, FRONTIER/FRONTIER user/pass with admin rigths.
1. copy adaptecs WNASPI.DLL to system32 folder

from ez171 folder I choose custom for setup:
2. Install MSDE
3. 64 Smart Card

4. Digital reading/writing

5. apply merlin pathces

6. apply other patches from other folders.

After that F-Dia Changer is trying to boot first tells me that FDIAclient45.dll is missing.

Had copy all dll's from APPENDIX but F-Dia Changer freezes forever this time.
The DI is not connected to scanner machine!!!

Found here FDIA 5.5 976 and tryed on a fresh XP SP3 RUSSIAN, and obtained the same results.as Win2K+953.

Is the language locale so important in order to make it work, or I missed something important in my scenario? Why it worked 3 yers ago with RUSSIAN Win2k?

Should I have connected the DI to printer?

SOLVED on Win2k! I had better unzip C4/C5 archive in the root directory instead /Install/fdia.

DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL FDIA from a NON-ROOT directory as it should be on CD!

Now it works as it should. Now I had to try for 976 on XP.

There are some difficulties with rights rules on Inspool and Outspool folders, bud nothing tragic. Just "alow" everybody everithing in Control anel/Folder option and in Security policy in Properties/Security.

I like to mount the windows 7 I have the 976-c5 c5 software .. comohago to mount

5rako,

When installing on Windows 7 do you have to worry about installing NetBeui?  It is not officially supported in Win7 so wondering if this is required for the scanner and server to communicate - or maybe they can just talk thru TCP/IP?

On 12/4/2013 at 7:36 PM, Minilab service said:

Hi,

I read in the forum that is possible to add a second (slave) frontend pc on the network, but if I undestand correctly has a different installation procedure than the first one. Can you help me with a step-by step guide (installation procedure) for a server machine?

Thanks a lot,

Yes, it is possible. In the same group connect one more computer with different IP and different name ( for example FRONTEND1 ) . Check network connections ( run ''ping'' to minilab computer and server ) . Instillation will be the same as on main server computer ( FRONTEND ) - just have adjust SQL ( use password ''radiogaga'' - the same as on Freddie's song ) . Computer user and password should be the same, as on main server ( user ''FRONTIER'' and password ''FRONTIER'' ) . 

2 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Yes, it is possible. In the same group connect one more computer with different IP and different name ( for example FRONTEND1 ) . Check network connections ( run ''ping'' to minilab computer and server ) . Instillation will be the same as on main server computer ( FRONTEND ) - just have adjust SQL ( use password ''radiogaga'' - the same as on Freddie's song ) . Computer user and password should be the same, as on main server ( user ''FRONTIER'' and password ''FRONTIER'' ) . 

Thanks a lot. But exactly what and where I must adjust in SQL Server?

Have adjust SQL server connection to main server. It is on Windows settings - not on Fuji software. SQL server icon you can see beside clock. Can get to adjustment menu there or from computer management menu. If can't find yourself ask computer engineer to do it.

On 2/3/2017 at 4:52 PM, Minilab service said:

Have adjust SQL server connection to main server. It is on Windows settings - not on Fuji software. SQL server icon you can see beside clock. Can get to adjustment menu there or from computer management menu. If can't find yourself ask computer engineer to do it.

Thanks for your help, but I didn't have success. After modifying the connection to main server, I still receive error like "multiple output devices in the same workgroup". I asked az IT engineer but no luck. I tried to restart the computer after modifying the connection but after restart it still connects to local SQL server. Can you help me with a step by step guide (even in privat message) ?

Thanks a lot