• Announcements

• NeilT

Mini Lab Help.com 2018 UPDATE   01/01/2018

2018- Mini Lab Help are seeking sponsors/advertisers to help us keep this web site going. We have to cover our running and licensing cost. Please do let us know if you are interested.
      We would now consider the sale of this web site, please contact us if you wish to discuss. 
Mysterieux

Ciclone Board & Lcd Problem Dks 1550

This reminds me one time I damaged LCD with overvoltage.

I am not technician, only an owner but I think that LCD or one

of the boards near LCD (epson pcb or sequencer pcb) are

bad.

Call technician.

Studio01

More trouble. The dks 1550 model seem to be a very fragile machine as compared to a doli 0810 I have.

I have replaced almost the whole machine parts from lamp power supply, cyclone card, Circulation motor, replenisher pump, gear and wheel problem, and now the 24 pixel problem.

I may have bought two dead machine models from Europa minilabs two years ago. I have hardly used it for three months since then.

The only good thing about this printer is the quality print, very good solid print.

emmaachile - I think you had a real bad luck. Properly maintained machine does not require mass action as you have listed above. there are parts which are working on harsch condition, there are parts which are getting used, we have 24 pixel as known permanent "default" problem but all these problems are know and if you care about the machine - the only one serious serious expense is LCD block each 4-5 year,  which is predictable. POssible you buy this Russian LED lamp it will extend

If you are buying scrap - don't expect everything will work like new when you start. Believe me that occasions REAL Occasions are very rare so if you bought really cheap unit - probably it was worth these money. Someone rode machine till it died and sold ... it happens.

My friend bought used machine asked me for help after LCD change. Called me 3 years after for gear problem. After repair and explanation what should be done I have ben called for help 3 times within 6 years. machine mechanically is working fine.

One guy called me from recommendation - he could set the machine, the supplier( serviceamn) denied service. I cleared the 24p issue and set the polarity - haven't heard about the problems since 2 years.

Must call the guy to check out :)

Resuming - KIS II is a complicate machine but properly maintained wil serve you much longer than you think.

Thank you for your concern. Machines were said to be in good working condition.

How you tried the Russian led solution? Heard it works well when lcd has not degenerated to the pixel problem. Will have to look into that solution.

I just bought a 1000 ohms or 1k ohms resistor to replace on the Epson driver lcd board.

emmaachile - I don't work with machines anymore.Servicing some occasionally.  

"Russians" are advertising his invention, could be something in it ... need to ask other guys who applied this 2 years ago. if this is new invention need to wait 2-3 years for opinion.

Remember guys - we are on discussion forum, what I will say now is my personal conclusion

I dunno they have right or not, dunno how they got proofs that IR radiation is a root cause for the 24p effect. I don't think so. In other LCD devices similar things happens without IR assistance. All solutions to eliminate 24p effect are nothing to do with IR radiation. Any attempts to correct that would have immediate effect on picture quality. Higher temperature ? LCD is temperature stabilised  to work within 46-52 degrees. Do 2000-3000 pictures at one time - check the LCD temperature - you won't see the difference.

Why DKS II was doing so good pictures ? he didn't won 3 DIMA awards for nothing. MSB and light source was the core of this success. Light source only with 2 kind of halogen bulbs approved for use.

Applying LED substitute you wont get the same picture quality as with halogen lamp due to different radiation spectrum. This is not opinion of mine but one skilled photographer and his cooperatives - guy owned one minilab with LED and went back to DKS II, havin lot of other choices for purchase.

From thew second side - Lot of ordinary people won't see the difference but one unhappy customer can destroy your opinion even if 200 other before were satisfied.

Advantages of this lamp ... few evident things. I would say you will never need to replace lamp Martek PS again - or maybe within 15-20 years. Machine will also consume less power so you will save some pennies on the energy bills.

Decision to use substitutes as usually is always individual, depends on the machine owner.

With my knowledge I can also improve few things but ... a generally could have problem to convince the world to buy unauthorised parts (f.e. turbine washers, bushings or heaters) and have no budget for advertizing campain  :P  I can try but I personally have very very narrow business risk margin ;)

Thank you for your insight. My dks 1550 is working well now after replacing the resistor with 1k ohm resistor. Took me some considerable time to fix the flex cable as i did not dismantle the head. I fixed it after removing the side doors to the head.

We are getting new customers due to the speed and quality of the dks 2 machine.

Nice to hear that. keep going  :D

PLease read the manual carefully and note how greasing is important for the machine condition - at least each quarter I advice to spend some time on technical duct to avoid problems you have already seen. 

Man... make a better effort in English. Where are you from ?  

What image is going green ?? Printed photo? PC screen, image on PC ? application isd turning off ?

if you can help, why are you asking ?

SLOWLY and DON'T USE automatic translators in whole sentences ...

if all is OK on PC and photo is green after printing... did you replace whole MSB unit recently ??( LCD block with piezo support )?

More trouble. The dks 1550 model seem to be a very fragile machine as compared to a doli 0810 I have.

I have replaced almost the whole machine parts from lamp power supply, cyclone card, Circulation motor, replenisher pump, gear and wheel problem, and now the 24 pixel problem.

I may have bought two dead machine models from Europa minilabs two years ago. I have hardly used it for three months since then.

The only good thing about this printer is the quality print, very good solid print.

Hi emmaachile, as I told you previously, the two machines I sold you nearly 4 years ago were fine and in excellent working order. I have an email from you just after you took delivery, which was a long time after I sent the machines to you, due to extreme heat in your shop your pc had overheated and machine had stopped working !! I am afraid your lack of knowhow kept your machines from not working. I do recall many phone calls and emails to and from you guiding you through simple setup proceedures etc..!!

Hi emmaachile, as I told you previously, the two machines I sold you nearly 4 years ago were fine and in excellent working order. I have an email from you just after you took delivery, which was a long time after I sent the machines to you, due to extreme heat in your shop your pc had overheated and machine had stopped working !! I am afraid your lack of knowhow kept your machines from not working. I do recall many phone calls and emails to and from you guiding you through simple setup proceedures etc..!!

Thank you for replying. How come lack of technical knowhow lead to the demise of these parts within three months of total usage?

I have two other Doli machines working well for six years now and I still don't have technical knowhow?

If I know nothing as you said, how will I even import machines from the UK to Nigeria?

Sorry for spamming the thread guys. Long time I have been on the forum. Concentrating on other activities but will be back soon.

Hi, do you think i can change the lcd an ciclone board myself?

I ve been working with minilabs and DKS for the last 10 years.

if you have any manual or guide, it would be great!

Thanks

Bruno

argentino... using the minilab even for 10 years don't means you can have manual and mechanical skills to repair your machine. 

Noone will reply you for such posed question.

dissasembling the MSB ...

• Remove the upper and lower covers.

• Disconnect the 3 digital sequencer board connectors (located on the left of the board) and the ribbon cable.
• Unscrew the 4 screws (access from underneath ) while supporting the plate. N.B., the harnesses and the ribbon cable from the upper level go through the plate.

This is extract from the manual how to remove whole MSB. 

If you feel u can do it - u have skills for the screwdriver and keys - take a look and try to dismantle parts. 

be carefull with the wires, don't hit the PCB with keys dont damage board... Sequencer should go fine. Driver is worst :P

for the LCD - relatively easy but need to be careful with the heating element and its fixing. 

Think twice look triple before u try to detach something - and you should succeed. 

Hello 

I know this is an old thread,  just wondering if there has been any developments on these LCD blocks.

I have 2 DKS 1550 all will 24 pixel lines. Has anyone tried ordering from China  especially alibaba where it's been advertised.

Any feedback will be appreciated 

Thanks