• Announcements

• NeilT

Mini Lab Help.com For Sale   03/16/2017

2017 - Minilab Help could face closure at the end of the year. Our outgoing running cost and time is no longer being covered by our sponsorship. 
      With almost 10,000 members we have grown to be perhaps the worlds largest forum for Mini Lab Help. 
      We would now consider the sale of this web site, please contact us if you wish to discuss. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forestyl

Noritsu Qss 3501F And S3 Film Scanner

9 posts in this topic

I great all the members.

I just get a QSS 3501F which is normally set to work with S1-2 and S4 scanners. But I have S3 scanner; so,please, is it possible to install my S3 scanner?

Thanks for your help.

If you have other minilab ( QSS32xx or QSS33xx with S4 or SI-II except running with SD or DLS software ) there you can disconnect scanner and connect your S3. Before disconnecting make scanner and AFC backups. Then load backups on your QSS3501, when scanner will be connected.

Film processor QSF-T15 should be on option registration menu.

Please minilab sevice, before I follow your instructions, I may ask if initial data4 can perform the task (It may contain some data about S1-II, S2, S3 and S4, according to what is written on the floppy disk),

Thank you Sir.

What you are talking about? All very simple. Before disconnecting scanner from minilab where it works go to service mode, save scanner and AFC data. Can save on floppy ( standard ) or to any folder ( press F, select path and save to two folders on HD ) . Then you have service data for your scanner. When scanner will be connected to new minilab just load these two backups ( scanner and AFC ) and they work as worked before. You have not do any adjustments.

Initial data is better than nothing, but they has not final adjustments ( focus, tilt - swing, light source, CCD data, AFC sensor data ) . If you use initial data you have do all, because have not the best scanning quality. Initial data is good for scanner, when you get it from factory. After that can be done many adjustments and initial data will not have them.

Hey there, I'm in this same position now. 

Do you mean to enter service and backup all service data and then read that data on the new machine? 

Or is there a specific place in the menu for backing up scanner and afc data? 

I have a 3300 + s3 wanting to put the s3 on a 3502. 

Will the 3502 read service data from the 3300? If so, how to only select to read the scanner and afc data only? 

Thanks 

Hello. Not all data - scanner and AFC only. Have do following. Enter to service mode, go to maintenance, read - write data, service data, write data to floppy, scanner ( or AFC ) . Then can save scanner ( or AFC ) data on floppy. If you want to save on other location ( HD, USB and etc ) then press F and choose ''set a path''.

Then you have two backups - one for scanner other for carrier ( AFC ) . Can load them on new machine ( where they will be connected ) . There have load not full backup - just scanner and AFC backups.

As I told before QSS3502 supports only S4 and SI-II.

On QSS3502 you can read SCANNER and AFC backups. To read AFC and scanner backups only you have go to service mode, maintenance, read write data, service data, read scanner ( or AFC ) data from floppy, F, set path. Then can read them.