• Announcements

• NeilT

Mini Lab Help.com For Sale   03/16/2017

2017 - Minilab Help could face closure at the end of the year. Our outgoing running cost and time is no longer being covered by our sponsorship. 
      With almost 10,000 members we have grown to be perhaps the worlds largest forum for Mini Lab Help. 
      We would now consider the sale of this web site, please contact us if you wish to discuss. 
analogman

Admin Password for 3011

Help!

Recently, when I fired up the 3011 for the day, it came up asking for the administrator pass word, the first time I remember seeing this. I tried the usual suspects, 2260, 1234, 0123, admin, even <enter>.  Any idea if there is a standard non volatile password in the software?  I do have the recovery disks that came with the machine, but they don't do the job...I get a kernel missing or corrupt error message, or perhaps I'm proceeding incorrectly.  Even tried a couple of Windows password recovery utilities, with the same result...and a message "no hashes found". I'm stumped! Please help!!

Neil

When/where is it asking for a password ? 

If you are getting this type of message on system boot up:

19 hours ago, analogman said:

...I get a kernel missing or corrupt error message

Sounds like it may be a problem with the hard drive and the operating system files.

Does windows start up, or do you get an error that says : "Windows failed to load because the kernel is missing or corrupt" ?  If so, then a CHKDSK may fix it,

Google "windows kernel missing" and look for a link to your version of Windows.

Thanks to all of you for taking time to read and reply!

The password I'm not having luck with is the windows log in password. I can't get past the windows admin log on screen. Service password I'm covered for either using the password generator as I usually do, or good old 2260.

This is not a Kodak DLS, but rather a plain old workhorse 3011. I have all of the original disks except the windows 2000 program disk.

The suggestion of a hard drive failure is surely a possibility, and as they both are SCSI drives, lots of luck with that! Can I use the much more common ISA drives, as the ,machine appears to have the cabling with unused connectors...it connects the Zip 200 drive, which I never use. I now have fired the machine up, and am going to try the 22. (no luck)

The specific error message is: system32/ntoskrnl.exe   Status 0xc000000f  "windows failed to load because the kernel is missing or corrupt"

Standard admin password for older Noritsu minilabs is 22. For latter models - 2260. Might be someone changed this password to different, or removed. If password removed try to press ''Enter''. If password is not removed then boot from CD and use password remover to delete all passwords. Then can access without it ( just press Enter ) . I did it on minilab, where password was changed and customer didn't know it.

The problem is solved, analogman sent me a PM thanking me.

Once he typed 22 for the password it worked. Prior to that he had typed administrator 22 for the password which obviously didn't work.