• Announcements

• NeilT

Mini Lab Help.com For Sale   03/16/2017

2017 - Minilab Help could face closure at the end of the year. Our outgoing running cost and time is no longer being covered by our sponsorship. 
      With almost 10,000 members we have grown to be perhaps the worlds largest forum for Mini Lab Help. 
      We would now consider the sale of this web site, please contact us if you wish to discuss. 
dailysetup

Magenta Noise Issue - Prints - Noritsu 3300

Hi

Ive recently found this noise issue as pictured. I've swapped all the AOMs with other AOMs that I have and the issue went away for a few hours and then it return to the same.

What could be causing this?

Thanks

Zbh5VZ8.jpg

I just did a laser diagnostic and everything is fine at 75%. I did another test at 45% and the blue laser has error not the green.

Are there any other checks to do ? Perhaps Green AOM? or Perhaps cabling?

Thanks,

here is the print from the daily setup this morning. 
As you can see there is still a little bit of noise. Could this be due to interference? Cables are grounded? Should I try replacing the cables?

CWvLuTx.jpg

The blue laser is weaker than the green so the % test numbers will be higher on the blue laser.
This kind of noise 99% of the time comes directly from the laser head itself.
The laser test is not helpful for diagnostics of this issue.
You can try swapping the green and blue driver boards around (assuming they are the same) it may solve the problem for a short while.
If that doesn't help the only solution is to have the green laser repaired/ replaced.

Laser diagnostic software has the wrong name and it confuses all people for many years.
It does not check the laser!
it shows the condition of all chain: AOM driver-cable-AOM crystal.

In your case, the green laser generates a magenta rain due to its weakness and must be replaced with new one or repaired.

We can help.