purnomosetiawan

Epson d700 using Frontier S Software ?

Yes, you can do it, but do not think that will be better. 

Using Fuji software can print using print driver, but is not comfortable. To have normal printing interface have install MS01 ( Fuji software ) , MSP48 ( connection software ) and Fuji drivers. You can use MS optional software modules (  MS12 - MS19 ) to have more features ( for example ID print, templates, hot folder and etc ) . At least should install MS16 ( to have 6 frames view ) .

Even the latest Fuji MS01 ( version 4.2 ) can work on Windows 7 32 bit only. Epson software can work even on Windows 10 x64. If your Epson software is old you can upgrade it. If it is old it can have bugs.

Have all software - for Fuji and for Epson. All software have manuals ( user, instillation, maintenance and etc ) .

On 31-5-2017 at 7:40 AM, purnomosetiawan said:

Is it possible to use frontier s software (DI i guess) with epson D700 ? Epson's Order Controller is very bad, so many bugs etc. 

Hello,

we had the same problem as you. We don't like the Epson software either. Plus we have 3 different printers in our shop. (1 Frontier 1 Epson d700 and a Canon wide format printer.)

Now we work with this company http://www.insituafx.com/printing/ they found the solution for us. We don't use the Epson software anymore. From there software we can print to all our printers from 1 central computer.

You might want to contact them for a solution.

Best regards,

Remco

Morning bud,

There are other options for the D700 than the Epson Order Manager or the Fuji software. When I purchased D700 three years ago I naturally looked at the Epson Order Manager, but found it rather 'clunky' so quickly discounted that. I was at the time using a piece of software within my lab that came as part of some Agfa software known as d-studio  so that I could fulfil work for a school photographer with all their wierd sizes and packages. The part of this software that I was using was the RIP control side, but it is waaaayyyy more than just a RIP. I spoke to the guy who wrote this software and he confirmed that I would be able to connect the D700s no problem. This software has been written by a guy who is active on these forums, but I do not think it right to promote his wares openly on here without his permission. If you PM me I am more than happy to give you all his details so that you can contact him directly.

I currently run two D700s (one for gloss and one for lustre) and an Agfa Dlab2 for my general printing needs. Images sent from my Kiosks are distributed to the appropriate printer depending on print size and qualtity of prints in order. Within the settings there are various different options for borders, no borders, package prints, backprint(if printer able), receipts etc plus many many more. Options to use output printer profiles. There are so many options with this software that I can't really mention them all here.

I have it running on Windows 7 64bit, but as far as I am aware it will run on W10 as well.

One option that I do not use as I print all my big stuff manually from Photoshop, is that this software will connect to a large format printer as well.

PM me and will give you his details. You will not be disapointed.

Richard

***EDIT*** I have just posted this and looks like someone posted just before me about same person.

Edited by Richard SPC

We've just purchased a D700 with the new version of the order controller as a back-up to our wet lab.

Native colour was way out but the 3.2 software works well in Windows 10 and after creating a preset it's doing a great job.

The only bugs discovered have been with the settings/maintenance app which gets confused if you remove the paper cover before responding to an alert.

I've hot foldered our Kodak Kiosks and orders appear the same as they do on the Noritsu.

19 hours ago, Dobbo said:

We've just purchased a D700 with the new version of the order controller as a back-up to our wet lab.

Native colour was way out but the 3.2 software works well in Windows 10 and after creating a preset it's doing a great job.

The only bugs discovered have been with the settings/maintenance app which gets confused if you remove the paper cover before responding to an alert.

I've hot foldered our Kodak Kiosks and orders appear the same as they do on the Noritsu.

Do you mind email me this latest software, the version i am using is pain in the ass.....

purnomo.setiawan@gmail.com

On 8/14/2017 at 3:21 PM, Dobbo said:

sir,

Kindly mail me the Order Controller 3.2.

It will be very helpful to me

Thanking  U

uclbph@rediffmail.com