• Announcements

• NeilT

Mini Lab Help.com For Sale   03/16/2017

2017 - Minilab Help could face closure at the end of the year. Our outgoing running cost and time is no longer being covered by our sponsorship. 
      With almost 10,000 members we have grown to be perhaps the worlds largest forum for Mini Lab Help. 
      We would now consider the sale of this web site, please contact us if you wish to discuss. 
davidlam

HS-1800A Conversion KIT, p/n Z811254-01

Dear Sirs,  please teach me 

How can  Noritsu part no. Z811254-01  [ HS-1800A Conversion KIT ]  improve  my HS-1800 film scanner performance ?  

Your teaching will be highly appreciated !

A far as I remember this kit cannot improve your existing HS1800 scanner.
It was made to convert Noritsu S4 scanner into HS1800 (USB) scanner with possibility to have it as standalone unit.

Yustas is right. It is kit to convert S4 to HS-1800. In this kit is  just one necessary board. All other - to increase kit price. For example in kit included back cover with square hole for USB. It is easy to make it on old S4 cover. 

Since the  kit is to convert S4 to HS-1800  but without the "LED light source" replacement 

so I am wondering . . .  is the scanning quality of [ CONVERTED S4 ] with KIT    equivalent  to   scanning quality of an original HS-1800 ?    or

or the KIT purpose is to just to make S-4 to become operable in a  standalone way      using EZ controller software + Dongle  ? ?

Even if on original HS1800 you go to software version check you will see S4 there.  S4, HS1800 and S1800 are the same.

Light source is not included in the kit. As I told before have to replace one board to make HS1800 from S4. All other parts are not necessary.