• Announcements

• NeilT

Mini Lab Help.com 2018 UPDATE   01/01/2018

2018- Mini Lab Help are seeking sponsors/advertisers to help us keep this web site going. We have to cover our running and licensing cost. Please do let us know if you are interested.
      We would now consider the sale of this web site, please contact us if you wish to discuss. 
Sign in to follow this  
Patrice SF

DX 100

Mine Epson SL D700 which is same printer as DX100

with daily prints on average 100 prins 4x6, 

After 5 Months, every morning before first print, PH always Clog and needs to Clean, SO Cleaning PH is my daily routine. even worse on monday when i didn't print on Sunday.

After 7 Months PH Failed, And was replaced by Epson SC. 

10 Months, Yellow ink Leaking

12 Months, PH Failed again + Pump.

13 Months, Motherboard failed

14 Months, i throw away this printer into Epson Office and never look back.

All and all, this printer is pain in the ass, so many bad news from other users.

Fujifilm knows this, and this is why here in Indonesia, Fujifilm not sell DX 100 anymore, they have new product call DE 100 and this printer use 4 inks .

I feel your pain, we have a Fuji DX-100 which is still away for repair, had to buy a second one to avoid downtime... here is our timeline:

We do on average 10,000 prints/month

We got our first DX-100 on 6th September 2016...

first issue was at around 110,000 prints we got a warning saying the ink feed tubes were reaching the end of their service life... contacted Veritek support and they reset the count remotely...

when we got to 190,000 prints about 10 months into ownership the printhead went, we were down for 3 weeks and lost out on about £3500 business, still trying to make it up now...

then in November 2017 not very long after we got the printer back from having the new printhead fitted we get the warning saying about the ink tubes reaching the end of their service life...

We alerted Veritek and continued printing until time was up, about 26,000 prints if I remember correctly, then we were told we would have to ship the printer back to their lab! again!

Needless to say we could not afford any more downtime so we managed to get a deal on another DX-100 direct from Fuji which arrived at the end of November and we were only down for about 4 days, fastforward to now, that printer is on 33,000 prints and we have no sign as to when our other DX-100 will be back, if ever, apparently they have a constant nozzle block problem with it and are replacing parts left right and centre, the only thing i can be thankful for is that we have a service contract which includes all parts and labour!

So the moral of the story is that after our experience I do NOT recommend these printers to anyone who does any more than 500 prints a week as they only have a "Service Life" of 100,000 prints (Something they do not tell you in the brochures!)

and especially not at the £3800 price tag.

The Epson isn't so bad at £2500 but still pretty much throw away at 100k