• Announcements

• NeilT

Mini Lab Help.com 2018 UPDATE   01/01/2018

2018- Mini Lab Help are seeking sponsors/advertisers to help us keep this web site going. We have to cover our running and licensing cost. Please do let us know if you are interested.
      We would now consider the sale of this web site, please contact us if you wish to discuss. 
Sign in to follow this  
MFOTO

Problem Changing Green Laser Gun QSS3501

Hello,

Changing a green laser gun we have no error but the image goes out totally Dark Green-brown (see att).

What can we check? always got the same calibration print. how to check laser gun alignment?

QSS3501 (2 AOM)

We swap the laser gun from another laser module that has blue laser problem. And alreay swap AOM and try with a new AOM.

Thank you very much for any help.

29983019_10157781730813636_5859821228420610121_o.jpg

Edited by MFOTO

You will not get error, because your replaced laser head works well. All outputs on laser driver are correct and you have not any errors. When laser head replaced you have to make laser alignment. How to do it ask your laser head supplier, or ask experienced engineer, who knows how to do it. Alignment should be quite precise. Otherwise you have what see now.

Thank you very much for your Answer, I have no laser supplier due to the laser gun was in another laser module that has benn replace before for blue laser porblems. I'll try to do laser alignment. If any body know how to do it right, please let me know. Thanks!

Laser is correctly aligned, there is some kind of laser error, because I run the laser and 3 colors are ok one by one by output check, but when I go to print, I can see always a red laser ON (maybe with blue). What can be this?

It looks to me like the laser beams are badly aligned causing the laser beam/s to expose/fog the paper all the time. The laser beam should only expose on to the paper when the AOM crystal has been turned on (Green & Blue in your case as there is no Red AOM).

The other possible cause is the laser control PCB is faulty and sending an on signal to the AOM's /laser head when it shouldn't.

Thank you Dave. 

It is extrange, I Only change/move the green laser gun with driver PCB , if I move green laser, it works  but no Magenta in prints(no green laser exposed). 

The bad print (gree-brown) show a bad image, double arrow and gray patern is not ok. it looks like a bad syncronization. but when green laser is not present, the print is good syncronized.

I changed AOM ps, but nothing changes.

is this possible for Laser Driver PCB fault? (without error)

how can I use the other Laser driver? I tried but prints always goes magenta lines and errors. (both laser drivers are the same part numbre)

Thanks!

Hi.

A friend from the forum sent me a laser gun replacement manual, and I think it'll work OK. 

steps are:

-Change the laser gun, align the ligth

-Initian Setup (intensity, gamma,...)

-Mechanical adjustment. (is not possible to do this before initial setup)

tomorrow I'll do allthe process.