Sign in to follow this  
BayCameraCo

135/240 AFC-II

Hi!

I am having to replace my 135/240 AFC carrier and I have already purchased a replacement. What do I need to do in order for my machine to recognize the carrier? I know I have to be in the service mode and do the sensor sensitivity adjustment, what else is there? Many thanks!

If with carrier you get AFC backup ( from minilab, where it was before ) just load it. If have not - just put carrier and make regular sensor adjustment. 

If will not work - go to service mode and make AFC backup. Then do sensor sensitivity adjustment and DX sensor adjustment ( can do them only on service mode ) . If some test will give error can read AFC backup ( you did it before ) and correct values manually. If some sensor values ( intensity and sensitivity ) are 255 and on input check you see dark then sensor ( or sensor circuit ) doesn't work.

When you use other carrier would be better to make focus adjustment. Carriers are slightly different. To make focus adjustment you need charts. Focus also can correct manually, but is difficult to find the best values for all zoom.