Sign in to follow this  
chetcophoto

Timer  Card Failure

Good Morning,

I have a dlab1  And once and a while, not ALL The time I get the error "timer card failure detected"  and the software restarts a few times gets this error every time then after auto restarts of the software, it just shuts down the whole machine.  

Sometimes if I turn it on right away everything restarts just fine.  Other times like yesterday the machine won't start at all....will just get the "timer card failure detected" ....like yesterday so after an hour and a half just kept the photo lab shut down.  

This morning the lab was up and fine with no errors.  What causes the error and how do I fix it?

We have an AGFA NetLab2.Plus which exhibited the same symptoms  two years ago. We suspected the timer board as the faulty device and ordered one. Didn't solve the problem so we were then stuck with a $2,000 big ticket pcb which AFGA/SILTECH  (Australia) refused to offer us a credit return for good part.

Was simply the PC power supply, although the voltages measured all correct. Bought a power supply local, one which has a kit of universal connector/cable adapters so you can use it from ATX all the way through to current generation for less than $100. !!!!!!

Still have the Timer PCB if that turns out to be your problem. Would have to check the part number and compatibility with your model. PM me and insult us with your lowest offer if you're interested.  

On the d-lab1 the timer card is slightly different to that on the d2.

Go and buy a 2032 battery and drop the front bottom cover down on the machine. Remove the black box cover on the inside of this cover (6 screws I think), the timer card is located on the left side and you will see the battery on the board. Whilst the machine is still on gently remove the old battery with something non metallic and put the new one in.

That will hopefully sort you out.

Richard

Hi

I am experiencing a similar problem with my DLAB 1 - there are days that it works 9 hours a day with no problem - other days it just shuts down regardless if there is an order printing or if its quiet - no error appears on the screen - it just says D-LAB shutting down - then it says "connecting to Image PC" sometimes it connects by itself, other times it sits in a loop and i have to clean my done files (watchdog) under my computer.

I thought it was a software problem - so I re-installed it - a week later the Lab is back to its old tricks - now thinking of re-placing the power supplies ?????

Tjm,

First off I would replace all the batteries. They are all CR2032.  There is the one on the timer card as detailed above and one on each of the 2 computers.

To get to the computer batteries you will need to remove the top cover behind the screen and poss gently climb up onto the machine to allow access/viewing into the area where the PCs are located.  The batteries for the PCs MUST to be replaced with the dlab totally shut down, even OFF at the breaker.

When looking down into the PCs you will see the two main boards. The one on the left is easy to change but the board on the right is rotated 108 degs so the battery is at the bottom. You need to feel your way to the right hand battery.

That may well sort it out when all batts are done.

Richard

Hi Richard

I know exactly were the batteries are on both the motherboards - you see 8 months ago we (my husband and I) replaced the entire computer hardware and software which be purchased from SAAL in Humberg - Germany .

I never thought that with a "new" system the IPU and MPU boards would be needing a new battery so soon.  Will do so tomorrow when machine is off at the end of the day.

thanks again

Hi

I am experiencing a similar problem with my DLAB 1 - there are days that it works 9 hours a day with no problem - other days it just shuts down regardless if there is an order printing or if its quiet - no error appears on the screen - it just says D-LAB shutting down - then it says "connecting to Image PC" sometimes it connects by itself, other times it sits in a loop and i have to clean my done files (watchdog) under my computer.

I thought it was a software problem - so I re-installed it - a week later the Lab is back to its old tricks - now thinking of re-placing the power supplies ?????

Judging by your description of the problem - a problem in Linux.

Try to connect to a computer monitor with Linux (be sure to disconnect the one cable that is in the graphics card) - and turning the car look like a boot Linux.

I had a similar problem - I had to change hard drive

Hi Richard

Did as you suggested - replaced both CR2032 in the MPU and IPU boards - just a quick question

when computer starts up and we F2 to get into BIOS to set - time and date - its setting the MPU bios, right?  

do I have to set the BIOS on the IPU also or will my lab date and time be ok ? will the timer be fine ?

thanks once more

TJM from South Africa

Change the bios on the IPU to Agfa default and it should boot from  the network ok. Check .done files and logs as the IPU boots up etc.

Any other problems contact me or email.

which D1 SW Ver. are you running on?

Direct remote support on lab, kiosks and network printing also available .

If you need help e-mail  direct or PM.

Ignatius

LabCare R S A

hi Ignacios

Running Dlab 1 new KIT Software & Hardware - purchased from SAAL  - Germany NOV 2010

sorry dont have documents with me to give you the version

however , only Changed/installed it on my 2006 Dlab 1 in March 2011.

we are in gauteng

were are you based

Hi Tjm

One recommendation while changing the batteries on the PC's, is to remove the processor fans and replace the heatsink paste on the processors with fresh heatsink paste. The Bios chips can also be recoated with fresh paste.

Make sure afterwards that all the cooling fans are functioning correctly.

regards

Mike

hi

after 2 months of battling with the problem of my DLAB 1 shutting down in the middle of an order - and after replacing both power supplies and both CR2032 batteries on MPU and IPU , processor fans removed and replaced with the heatsink paste on the processors with fresh heatsink paste -  

Solution : remove the back cover on the LAB that houses the MPU/IPU and let the lab run like that - cool ventilation is the answer - if A/C unit is near by even better - or use an external office fan

it worked for me