ferozp

error No:6901 "ARCNET communication error

I am using a Nortisu 3001 Minilab with PIV processor and 2GB RAM .Its been very fast and working fine.

I got an error error No:6901 "ARCNET communication error-IMAGE PROCESSING PCB error yesterday

I havent been able to resolve it since yesterday.I checked all connectors -trimmed the optic fibre cables and initialised the LVDS AND ARC NET PCI cards.

The Image processing PCB glows 4 lights on only out of 8.Plz help

Try replacing the SD RAM on the image processing PCB.

There are 3 sticks. As standard they are all 128MB. 256MB can be used as an upgrade.

You could use the 2 256MB sticks from your original motherboard, place these in the 2 slots that sit next to one another. It's ok for the 3rd slot to only have 128MB in it.

First closedown and breackdown your machine .disconnect and reconnect the TWO LVDS connector and clean optical fiber clean each one and look for the orifice with wacum clearner, NEVER USE GAZ CLEANER IN OPTICAL ORIFICE IN THE PCI CARD YOU CAN DAMAGE THE CARD !!!!!!.

bye frenchman

HELLO BROTHER,

PLEASE CHECK THE FIBEROPTICAL CABEL WITH CONNECTION OF IMAGE PCB BOARD

AND REPLAY ME

THANKS

hi gulshan here if problem still then active the reset jumper of image processing p c b

ur probem solve                                                                        

hi Guys

Thanx for the info

Well i swapped new SDRAMS 128MB cleaned all connectors.

well i even did force reset on Image PCB JP1 jumper ....All the 8 LEDS were constantly on (Not blinking)

Leds 9-12 were contious on ------

whts else

cleaned optic fibre cables

cleaned LVDS cables

what next

well initially this problem is persistant for a week or so,,,

It was OK for 02 days and then again the arcnet error-PCB commn error

then it worked for a day

now the status is NOT WORKING

The status of LEDS is

LED 1 & 2 -on

3 & 4 -OFF

5& 6 ---on

7&8 ---OFF

9- 12 IS OK ----WORKING IN COUNTER FORMAT

WHT DO I DO NEXT

GIVE ME UR INPUTS

I AM VERY PATIENT GUY

The Originally Image Processing PCB is fitted with Buffelo's RAM which is made in Japan. Some RAMs are not working even they are working in a PC. It is true Image processing PCB is realy fussy for SDRAM. Try to use Kingston or some other branded RAM. It is sure that fault is for the RAM only.

THANX EVERY ONE for ur reply

well finally i tried original memory and no changes....

i got a new IMAGE Processing PCB and replaced the same ...

ALL IS FINE NOW....

THANXXXXXX AGAIN for ur reply

FEROZ

INDIA

It is not ARCNET problem. This board has not optical ARCNET connection. To this board used connector, which you can see on modem broadband input.

Remove digital ICE pcb. It is only for scanner. When it is faulty image processing pcb can't work properly.

Check power suppliers directly on image processing board. They can be a little higher, but not lower ( 5V and 3.3V ) .

Try to clean RAM modules. On QSS30 image processing pcb used standard old SD RAM. Can be used 128 MB, 256 MB , or 512 MB modules. Can find them from very old pc. Also can test these RAM modules there.

When image processing board works then 8 LEDs ( LED1 - LED8 ) should lit in sequence. 

If digital ICE removed, power and RAM OK - image processing board faulty and need replace it. I have full working and tested board. Write private message, if want purchase it.

Pls I need assistant on this error msg, CPU was reset , abort the process, image processing PCB, 2 msg printer system error, I need help to know the cause of the error msg

Bom dia, estou tendo vários erros, cada pouco muda, 6901-0008, 0080, 008E, 0006, 0086, já verifiquei as memórias do PC, as memórias da placa de imagem, limpei os conectores do cabo de fibra óptica, cortei as pontas, resumindo, tudo o que foi indicado acima ja fiz, e os erros persistem, peço ajuda, Obrigado.

You had to tell exact minilab model. It can be QSS3202, QSS3202PRO, QSS3202SD, QSS3202SD PRO, or some other model. Probably you have QSS3202SD or QSS3202SD PRO . 
6901-4209 you see when have few errors at the same time. It will be 6901-4000, 6901-0200, 6901-0008 and 6901-0001.
6901-4000 - ARCNET communication error , switch control PCB.
6901-0200 - ARCNET communication error , laser control PCB
6901-0008 - ARCNET communication error , processor control PCB

6901-0001 - ARCNET communication error , Printer control PCB
You have not ARCNET connection between computer ( PC-laser interface PCB ) and workstation CS-2 ( switch control PCB ) . Can be not working boards, missing power supply, or bad ARCNET connection between them. Disable software autostart ( remove QSS icon from Windows Start, Programs, Autorun. Then close QSS software ( close down check, F, quit an application ) and from disk C start ARCNET test utility. Agree to change drivers and restart. After restart again start ARCNET test utility, select your minilab model and run ARCNET test. There you see communication errors. First you have not errors with switch control PCB. All other boards are connected through it, so it is normally, that you do not see them. Try to remove ARCNET cables, clean and blow sensors, trim cables ( 90 degrees ) , check power suppliers on switch control PCB. Only when have communication between these two boards you can go forward.
If your minilab is with scanner ( model without PRO ) . then inside computer you have  PC-scanner interface PCB and there ARCNET works ( because no 6901- 0010 error. Can there disconnect ARCNET cables and connect ARCNET cables removed from PC-laser interface PCB. This way you can find is PC-laser interface PCB faulty, or not.

Edited by Minilab service