Vinay

Condition Upkeep, Results Ok But White Is Not White

Hello All experts,

I have been facing this issue since I changed the paper 2 days ago, I run the condition print first 2 prints results NOT GOOD but white was very white and good but 3rd condition print result was OK but white turned creamish half white.

By the way I have AD200 densitometer

Please help me, thanks!!

Regards,

Vinay

Experts please help me.... need some urgent help as the pictures are darker I have to give high brightness to get the image proper however the white backgroung is half white or creamish, please help

Hello All, Sorry about incoplete information, I own Frontier 370. also I have just changed the p3 and tried printing and still I get half white or creamish colour insted of white, please help me as the prints look little dark.

Could this be a chemical problem? or could it be densitimeter problem?

Thanks,

Vinay

Edited by Vinay

Can be laser unit problem. Put not fogged paper directly to minilab processor ( should be dark in room ) . On output it should be white. Alternatively can close laser and make a print.

If on output will be not white then you have some chemical problem. If you have white ( when laser closed or put paper directly to processor ) and some color when print normally then it is laser faulty. It is necessary to repair and readjust laser unit. Few days ago get to repair laser with similar problem from 350 ( the same laser in 370 ) . 

Hello Minilab Service, thank you for your thoughts, but I dont know how to close the laser can you or any of the eperts tell me hoe to close the laser and then print?

also the precut wastage is also creamish or half white in colour so wanted to know that ever a precut wastage us exposed by laser?

Process a control strip this is the correct way to check if your chemical is correct. This checks your chemical and will rule out the laser. If you dont have (as most )load a strip of paper in the dark into your control strip holder and look at the black and the white unfogged part when processed. The black should be black and the white white. If not look at changing your P1 also check your P2 chemical filter for any grey sooty deposits that would indicate that the chemical is also in poor condition.

Once again Control Strips are the way forward

Hello. I don't think that you have control strip ( most don't have ) , so didn't offer to use it.  Of course it is the best method to test chemicals. Anyway to see what color goes out ( white or not )  a piece of paper is enough. In dark room put piece of paper, then put to processor and run it. It should be white on the output. It is not very difficult to close laser too - just put piece of paper between laser shooter and paper. Other solution mechanically to disconnect shooter, but it is more difficult.  

I had not white paper at my customer. The problem was that he changed chemistry and didn't add enough starter. Anyway I think similar cases usually can be when chemicals where changed. If you will run paper on processor and paper will be white on the output then laser cause it. Temporarily ( for tests ) you can try to switch AOM drivers, because AOM driver can cause it too. AOM drivers in your minilab ( you have three of them ) are the same, but adjusted different ( have red, green and blue labels ) . Anyway to test and make sure that they are good you can switch them. If after AOM driver changing you still have not white then left only one - laser unit. I had this problems on Fuji lasers. Few days ago had to repair the same laser ( from 350 ) . 

Thank you Magenta and Minilabservice for the help again, truely appreciate your thoughts and help.

Magenta - unfortunately i do not have control strips and we dont get it here in Bangalore, India. but I do want to tell you one thing that today I noiced my precut wastage paper the front 1 inch or so was fogged and it usually use to be very black but today it was redish so will this give you any idea? I still want to know does the wastage paper also exposed by laser? i feel not please provide your thoughts.

Minilabservice - thanks you again for your help, I am really sorry I am not a technical guy thus little confused where exactly i need to place the paper?

also I will probaby tonight close all my shop shutter and switch of the lights and see if i can put the paper and will see if this works out. also see my comments above for

Regards,

Vinay

You should have a control strip holder with your machine. in the dark bag/tent used to load a magazine cut a strip 3 inch wide and feed it down into the holder in the dark tent so its not exposed to light leave and inch or so sticking out and load the control strip following the prompts in pre op checks. I'm sure from what you say about the fogged paper being red that this is your problem. Your condition set up will simply add more light to the paper from the laser to make up for the fact that your chemical is not good.Sounds like the P1 is very underactive. The golden rule is time temperature recirculation and concentration, Time should be fixed so check rep rates, pump outputs (poppet valves) recirculation and temperature. One of these will be wrong and simply changing the P1 will improve things but it may go off again, so find the cause

Hello Magenta and Minilabservice thank you both, I performed the control strip and the paper came out cream again so i was relived that it was not a Laser problem and changer all P1, P2 and P3 and now the whites are better I can say it is 90% white now and I belive it will improve.

also everytime I clean, wash the chemical tanks and racks i get these black spots or dust which I have manaually clean and give to customers do you guys have any suggestions for cleaning?

also thank you magenta today i learnt somthing new I never new how to perform control strip processing.

Processing and reading control strips is a forgotten art. You do them everyday and its always correct is the normal answer. BUT a bad reading will show long before you can see it on the work

Black bits sounds like dirt from your PS. Again one of those good reasons for never cleaning the racks. Its Ok till you disturb the racks, either remove and give a good clean or leave and it should clear up.

If you still have a problem with whites on new chemicals it could be old or stale paper. I can only presume that your paper has been stored correctly and is not 5 years old

Hello Magenta, The paper is definetly not 5 years old and it was stored properly

As i said the 6inch paper is about 85-90% white howver the 8 inch and 10 inch are still half white or cream, I have done the condition up keep print for both papers but still the white is not as white as earlier.

What could be possible explaintion for diffrent whites for diffrent paper and why is it still not 100 percent white?

do you have any trick to improve whiteness

And any tricks to reduce the dirt now when I have already washed the racks?

thanks,

Vinay

Edited by Vinay