Alex Merola

Frontier 355 Error W-2401

hi, yesterday I had a similar problem had in the past on the 350, error w-2401, the paper does not advance in section 4-5, I went to setup and mantenimance, printer adjustament / mantenimance, printer i / o check, I tried to move (drive / stop) M541, repeatedly worked well but sometimes turning in the opposite direction!! on the 350 I had the similar problem but the M541 did not work completely, I had to change a drive on pdc20. Today the machine worked properly.

What do you think?

does anyone know if M541 can turn in the opposite direction and who controls it?

THANK YOU

I haven't experienced this on a Fuji machine, but it's common for a stepper motor to turns backwards if the IC that drives it is faulty.  The normal way to solve the issue is to replace the board, but somebody who is competent with electronics can replace the driver IC on the board.

You need to confirm if the D541 is working (via I/O check) that alarm occur when sensor does not detect paper's leading end within a specific time after the paper has been fed from first feeding section.

If the motor is working in both direction without control, you need to change the PDC20 board.

for 5 days the frontier worked perfectly, yesterday crashed and took over the defect that the M541 engine has started to turn on the contrary, I restarted the frontier and it worked well, today is a tragedy hangs constantly. but if it was the fault of the board should not always PDC20 not work?

sorry for the English is not perfect.

Now I try to disconnect and reconnect the pdc20 knows it's just a bad contact

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eywqqbztxlf8z0u/scheda%20pdc20.jpg

I bought STK672-040-E - DRIVER, which will replace it as soon as it arrives, as I read that manual is the driver U44 on the pdc20 board but unfortunately there is silicone that hides me the number of the driver. Does anyone know what is the right position?
I include photos on the link to dropbox

Thank's a lot

It think that a diode in the stepper driver IC becomes leaky and will allow current to flow in either direction.  That is why the motor will sometimes turn backwards.  On older American made machines the diodes (regulators) were external (not in the IC) and you could test them and find the faulty ones.  We had problems with them constantly on our old Hope minilabs.

I changed the driver that controls M541. PROBLEM SOLVED

thanks to all I hope my information is helpful to all

Hello there Alex.

We have exact the same problem on our 350 machine and I've searched for the STK672-040-E - DRIVER here in Sweden and Fujifilm cant help with that, they just want to sell me a new PDC20 board for 2500$... So my question is simple, where can i find this STK672-040-E - DRIVER? I've searched around on Google and found this, http://se.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=2137897&CMP=KNC-GSE-FSE-GEN-SKU-SEP&mckv=sero6ExoT|pcrid|15054964000|kword|stk672-040-e|match|p|plid| do you think thats the correct? 

Many thanks for your time!

Kind regards,

Christoffer, Bennys Foto Kumla Sweden

Hello there Alex.

We have exact the same problem on our 350 machine and I've searched for the STK672-040-E - DRIVER here in Sweden and Fujifilm cant help with that, they just want to sell me a new PDC20 board for 2500$... So my question is simple, where can i find this STK672-040-E - DRIVER? I've searched around on Google and found this, http://se.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=2137897&CMP=KNC-GSE-FSE-GEN-SKU-SEP&mckv=sero6ExoT|pcrid|15054964000|kword|stk672-040-e|match|p|plid| do you think thats the correct? 

Many thanks for your time!

Kind regards,

Christoffer, Bennys Foto Kumla Sweden

Hello Bennys I bought it from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ON-SEMICONDUCTOR-STK672-040-E-DRIVER-MOTOR-STEPPER-45VIN-1-5A-/171119473092?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:IT:3160       looks the same, if you need help please contact me. greetings