twines

Noritsu Ls-600 Stand Alone

Hey!! 
I was wondered if anyone could help me. I've just brought a LS-600 and the software seems to be all working.
The problem I'm having is this error and wondered if anyone could help me?

1450 Attach the Connecting Unit.

Corrective action

•For the corrective action, see the EZ Controller HELP, the T15/LS Connecting Unit Operator's Manual 8.1 Corrective action of Error/Attention Message.

Thanks Tommy

I'm presuming that at some point the scanner was connected via EZcontroller and the One-pass operation was enabled.

I can't see any way of changing that setting back without EZcontroller.

I'm guessing if you initialise all the scanner data it would clear the One-Pass operation setting, however the scanner would then need to be re-focused, with the special Noritsu focus tools.

I guess you can try making a backup using reading and writing data, then perform the data initialisation and then re-load the backup data.

However I fear that after you re-load the backup data it will re-instate the One-Pass operation setting again.

Have you tried cleaning the scanner?

See section 6.8.6 Cleaning the LED light source unit dust-proof glass and lightsource cleaner. In the operators manual

Have you tried performing the Scanner Calibration?
On the Scan Setting display, click Menu tab, Menu, Scanner Calibration

Hi Guys,

I'm having exactly same issue. My scanner was connected to ezcontroller and sold to me as a standalone unit. I need to re-calibrate it, but can't access anything due to 1450 error. I've tried to reload data, but apparently it is loading One-Pass setting as well.

Does anyone know another way of resetting scanner settings? Obviously EZcontroller requires USB key, which I don't have

Kind regards,

Hi Guys,

I'm having exactly same issue. My scanner was connected to ezcontroller and sold to me as a standalone unit. I need to re-calibrate it, but can't access anything due to 1450 error. I've tried to reload data, but apparently it is loading One-Pass setting as well.

Does anyone know another way of resetting scanner settings? Obviously EZcontroller requires USB key, which I don't have

Kind regards,

There are two solutions of this problem:
1. To buy the EZ-Controller program with an USB key.
2. To use the Twain Driver program instead of EZ-Controller (You should scan from the Photoshop program).

To have your LS600 working as stand alone you need to obtain a few essential softwares in one kit.

It consists of:
1. Twain Driver Disk 
2. Scanner Program Disk
3. Photoshop CS5 Optional Plugins software kit
4. installation Manual.

Drop me a message if you need further help in this.
parts@minilablaser.com

Hello 

exactly same problem here.I use LS600 software and would like to configure focus through this software. 

When I access the focus calibration menu(f1+f9 password 2260) I can run "automatic calibration" which terminates abnormaly.

I don't find a way to get to calibrate the focus manualy! 

How can I solve this problem?

Many of these LS 600 scanners were used with EZ controller or a connecting unit. Without disabling this you'll often be unable to run a scanner calibration. This will also keep you from being able to manually focus the scanner or even run cleaning strips. To disable this you'll have to remove the right side cover (see service manual link on this site) and unplug connector P/J 163. This should reset the scanner and allow you to run it in stand alone mode.

50 minutes ago, VENICEROSEPHOTO@GMAIL.COM said:

I have LS-600. 

working as stand alone, Do I have to use EZ controller and twain driver together or EZ controller only?

No,  use one or the other. The Twain driver is a very cut down basic version of EZcontroller, so EZcontroller is better and gives you more settings to control.