Sign in to follow this  
wozlow

Noritsu Hot Folder Color Settings

Hello

I have ben obligated to check possibility of using Noritsu HotFolder software functionalities. 

We use mostly noritsu 3001 minilabs, with HotFolder v3.0 software installed. 

My problem is the color difference betwen prints made by normal process (choose chanell > choose file > print) and loaded via HotFolder application. It is not a great difference but i have to get exactly the same colors.

HotFolder documentation has an option called CMSflag (on/off)  (Color Menagement Setup)

I have tried to print pictures with both. None of them gives the same colors as on the "normal process print".

The chanell doesn't have any color settings made, so there should not be any difference.

I am waiting for any idea

Regards

Could be related to the presence or not of Exif info in the file or embedded profile.

I always use the same file,there is no embedded profile or it's just sRGB.

Could You tell me more about the Exif info? Does it really have an influence to how maschine treats colors? 

Is the colour difference consistent between printing normally and with Hotfolder?
Or is it a different colour shift depending on the image being opened?

When printing normally make sure the auto correction box is unticked when you open the image.

I'm not that familiar with the Hotfolder software, how is the order printed? Through Net Order Mode?

Edited by Dave S

Could You tell me more about the Exif info? Does it really have an influence to how maschine treats colors?

Some Labs make an effort to read the Exif Info and apply special corrections based on Manufacturers, etc. I was just speculating whether this could be a factor.

You could try to print a file containing no Exif data (or a bmp file, if NHF will support it - cannot recall) to see if there is still a difference.

Some Labs make an effort to read the Exif Info and apply special corrections based on Manufacturers, etc. I was just speculating whether this could be a factor.

You could try to print a file containing no Exif data (or a bmp file, if NHF will support it - cannot recall) to see if there is still a difference.

I've tried it yeasterday. Unfortuantelly there was no difference between two files (with/without exif)

Is the colour difference consistent between printing normally and with Hotfolder?

Or is it a different colour shift depending on the image being opened?

When printing normally make sure the auto correction box is unticked when you open the image.

I'm not that familiar with the Hotfolder software, how is the order printed? Through Net Order Mode?

There is a colour difference between printing normally and with hotfilder. Of course the autocorrection box is unticked. Prints from hotFolder have a little more saturation (like +1) and the yellow colour is much stronger. 

In both cases the order is visible in queue at order controller display.

What happens if you don't use order controller mode and browse for the images on your network shares using the HDD icon? Use the same print channel for the test.

You didn't answer the question, is the colour difference between normal printing and Hotfolder consistent or not?
For example if you print 10 different images, are they all more yellow and more saturated?

What happens if you don't use order controller mode and browse for the images on your network shares using the HDD icon? Use the same print channel for the test.

You didn't answer the question, is the colour difference between normal printing and Hotfolder consistent or not?

For example if you print 10 different images, are they all more yellow and more saturated?

I do not really understand- I always have the HDD icon choosen as an input source. I browse for files through files on serwer in this way (we have serwer mapped as disc) 

About the secong thing - sorry for misunderstanding - 10 different images will be as you wrote - more yellow and more saturated in the same way

Did you ever figure out the problem?

I too am using HotFolder to print and I get 3 different results with (Hotfolder CMS ON), (Hotfolder CMS OFF), and EZ Controller Print.

I have looked at everything i can see in the print channel in EZ controller, but the prints come out green and dark when useing EZ controller.
The prints look much better using the Hotfolder. CMS On seems to add some contrast.

I would love to figure out what is going on so I could get the color to match using both meathods.