CatLABS

Setting up SP3000 for stand alone

I understand this must have been posted many times, and while i did read many threads about this i have some specific questions which were not answered on those (or i have not found them yet).

I am setting up an SP3000 which was connected to a printer, and which i want to set up as stand alone, i understand i must install a different software and create a server computer to receive the files.

What is the easiest way to obtain this software, buy/download?

Do i need another PC machine next/networked to the unit? If so, what install/OS does it need?

Any and all help is welcome!

Thanks!

Before i do anything else - i need to find out why the unit is not turning on.

I have connected power to the main power but the main switch does nothing.

Fuses on back panel do not appear to be tripped, and i cannot see anything else awry.

Any ideas?

Hello. Yes, you right - it was posted many times. You could find all there. DI controller software depends on software installed on scanner computer. 

If on scanner installed A1 and C4/C5 on server have install C4/C5

If on scanner installed S1 then on server have install S2 software

If on scanner installed MS software ( MS01 or MS01 + MS11 for SP3000 ) then on DI will be installed the same MS01 (server option)

On stand alone system can be installed some optional software modules from used package ( DI, FE or MS ) . Have all software, manuals and experience install all three systems. 

Hi all

New SP3000 Standalone - owner here also - it seems we're all in the same boat.  

I've buyed a refurbished SP3000 with pre-configurated software to work as stand-alone (will be arriving in a few days, no idea what's installed). I've tried to read as much information as i can in this forum. Anyway - my machine comes without DI - controller (wich seems necessary for standalone). I've tried to figure out what it needs in advance. Need an additional computer with a fresh Windows XP, service pack 2, 2 partitions on HD, configure all the network values (name, ip-adress etc.) and hast to be integrated in the same workgroup as the scanner - computer. So my questions are:

1) Would it be possible to work with a Mac and VM - Ware to act as DI - Controller?

2) Got the information from Minilab service about the different combinations (What's on the scanner comp/what has to be on the DI - Controller - thank you by the way!). In case my software package is not complet... where can i get the other packages?

Thanks in advance for all comments!    

Have the same problem here.... the standalone unit is not firing up when i press the power on button on the front. Checked the circuitbreaker, seems fine and is on pos. I. Any suggestions what else to check?

Nobody any ideas?

I'm a photographer and decided, because of the lack of good labs here, to buy a refurbished fuji sp3000 standalone on ebay for my personal work. The machine that was delivered looks pretty clean inside and well maintained overall - but i'm not a tech. Besides the fact that this unit wasn't come with a PIC Computer (and therefore also without the dedicated server software) i'm pretty in troubles with just startin up the whole thing to check what's installed. And since the seller has received his money he doesn't seem to be that interested for my problems at all.....a real sad thing these times.

About the facts: I've tried to plug in the few loose cables that were delivered as logical as it seems: there seems to be a power distribution-box besides the pc where i plugged PS to the PC and MCU to MAIN SUPPLY. Then i wired the peripherals (Mouse, Monitor, Keyboard) as usual. After that, i plugged the main power, set the circuitbreaker on the sidepanel on pos I, pushed the main button on the front.... nothing happens. I've double checked the wirings, thought that must work. After that, i've decided to power the pc and monitor independent of the table ....just to check, if they work in general - they do! After that i've tried to check the fuse on the backside of the main power supply... it seems i'm too dumb to get the 8A fuse out of the socket.... so there i was stucked. But nevermind... i've also tried to check the connections.... plug it in and out....just to see if there is a contact problem somewhere.

So therefore my question is: is there anything secret to fire up this thing (besides simply pushin the main button on front)? if not, do you have any suggestions of what i should lookin for?

Any further tipps would really kindly be appreciated! Just thanks in advance and very kind regards

If breaker is ON ( upper position ) then check computer - connect to power supply directly. This scanner power circuit designed very strange - one firewire port used not for image. It used to power scanner relay only. If it is not on - power supply will not work. Scanner should power on even if software not installed at all. Where are you from ? Maybe could run on-site or help do it on-line.

Hard to believe (really weired design)....but you were absolutely right, thank you very much!! I had to power the computer separately, it works. Now i have to figure out, how to build up the pic computer

Picture server software depends on software installed on SP3000. There can be installed FDIA ( system software and C4/C5 ) , FE ( S1 software ) or MS software ( MS01 or MS01 + MS11-SP3000 ) . If installed FDIA on server has to be installed C4/C5 ( the same version should be on scanner computer and server ) . If installed FE then on server have install S2 . If installed MS then on server have install MS01 ( choose server instillation option ) .

If scanner works go to settings menu ( use passord 7777 ) and make backup. Do it first - until is not too late. Having it you can quite easy re-install scanner. 

Thank you minilab for all your tips. I have a backup on FD.

Since the Software was preinstalled on the Computer, i have no clue what's installed. When i go to the info on the display it says Scanner Ver.: 1.8-OE-014. So, wich Software do i have to install for the DIC and where can i get it?

It is good that you have backup on FD. Until is not too late copy files from floppy to some more reliable place ( CD, USB ...). Many times saw floppy, which was not readable. If backup is old ( look file properties ) you better make new. It takes only few minutes.

You have installed A1  1.8-0E-014 ( 0 - not o ) . The latest software is 1.8-0E-016 , so your almost latest. On DIC ( server ) have install C4/C5 . The latest version is 5.5-0E-976 . It was designed to work on XP, but is possible install on W7. Can buy from me or some other seller. My advantage is that can get not only software, but can help with installing.

On 2/3/2017 at 8:24 PM, G-Film said:

Thank you minilab for all your tips. I have a backup on FD.

Since the Software was preinstalled on the Computer, i have no clue what's installed. When i go to the info on the display it says Scanner Ver.: 1.8-OE-014. So, wich Software do i have to install for the DIC and where can i get it?

Hello sir is it possible to get the copy of a backup file of the scanner ?

bce my whole HDD is blown off..