lagrangerx

Upgrading Kodak G4x to Win7 & Latest KPK/Apex

We have a Kodak G4x kiosk that was purchased second-hand a couple years ago. It is currently running KPK 7.2 on WinXP Embedded using the old 4:3 monitor. We are wanting to upgrade it to the latest version of KPK, but we are told now that doing so requires replacing the monitor with a larger widescreen, upgrading the internal memory to 4GB, and replacing Windows XP with Windows 7.

Now, the hardware upgrades I am perfectly capable of doing myself. I repair and upgrade computers as a second job, so this would be fairly routine for me once I figure out how to open the machine up. The problem is acquiring the software update, as our normal source for software updates is refusing to sell us just the software. They are insisting we have to buy the entire hardware upgrade package in order to get the software, which is over $1000...we only paid $300 for the entire kiosk including both printers!

Is there a source where I could get just the software for the Win7 KPK updates so I can do the hardware upgrades myself and save us a ton of money?

Thank you.

Edited by lagrangerx

Hi

I find a KPK+ V3.0 installer with win7 and is workin ok with Apex v8.0

i upgrade the apex to APEX+ v6.0 but i can conect the kiosk to ne new version of apex

Hi, lagrangerx

I have a Kodak G4x Kiosk, and the hard disk failed. I am just wondering if you managed to find the  win7 KPK install iso?

If so can you help me with a copy?

Thanks

K

No, I am still looking for it myself. Our customers are growing more disgruntled with each passing day because iPhones are no longer compatible with the old XP-based KPK system because there aren't any updates available for it anymore.

41 minutes ago, lagrangerx said:

No, I am still looking for it myself. Our customers are growing more disgruntled with each passing day because iPhones are no longer compatible with the old XP-based KPK system because there aren't any updates available for it anymore.

Why don't you buy the Kodak Wi-fi dongle? Then your customers can send via the Kodak App on the iphone.

Just plug it in and restart the Kiosk and you're good to go.

Search for Kodak WiFi Dongle for G4 on Google.

We HAVE the wifi dongle already, the problem is every time Apple releases a new version of iOS it changes security permissions around slightly. The biggest problem we're having now is that once Kodak Moments is finished sending pictures to the kiosk, they appear as corrupt and you can't print them. This only happens on iPhone and only started happening after the most recent release of iOS. On the flip side, Android works perfectly fine.

This wouldn't be a problem if Apple weren't such uptight b*tches with their restrictive "you don't own that phone, we're just letting you borrow it for an extended period" attitude. iPhone doesn't even allow you to transfer pictures via Bluetooth without a special app on both the sending and receiving end!

But, enough ranting about draconian iPhone security angering our customers. I'm still hoping to find a copy of the Win7 installer so I can do the upgrade myself.

Still need the Win7 KPK software so I can upgrade our machine myself without having to send it in. Functionality is getting worse on our system as phones keep getting newer and newer, and the kiosk can no longer handle the photos they save even with every single update available for it installed.

Hi Guys,

i have the same problem like lagrangerx. so i would be very thankful if someone can help me with an image of the recovery disks or with a hdd image.

i have the g4xe model with the 3:4 screen - and i want to update the disk to a ssd - and at the same time i would refresh the windows to win7 or if it is possible to windows 10.

so thanks for your help. my mailadress is: stef.hef@gmail.com

thanks a lot.