Sign in to follow this  
Teddigunn

QSS 3201 Power problem

I am trying to help a friend with his minilab. The machine is a QSS3201  and an S2 scanner. When the system is turned on, it will power up the printer and the printer will supply the scanner with power for a few seconds and then it shuts down the power to the scanner. If the scanner section is connected directly to power it will work and the pc is working well. Working with digital media is no problem but even if the scanner seems to work it keeps halting and displaying LED Light Source Standby. Sometimes af few strips can be scanned, but then the scanner stops and keeps displaying this message for 30 minutes or so.

Can anyone advice me on this?

Take multimeter and look what you have on processor relay pcb ( J390917 ) :

TA3 between pin T5 and T6 ( a.c. input - always 230 V a.c. )

J/P646 between pin 1 and pin 9 ( a.c output - 230 V a.c. , when minilab is ON. 

If minilab is in stand by mode to start it have to press and hold green button on sorter.

I think the first issue is the machine is in program timer mode. Hold down the green button on the sorter until the machine comes on.

The second issue will be related to the temperature of the LED unit in the scanner. Go to maintenance, input check, input section, LED light source unit, Check the temperature display. It needs to be 45.0C if it's over this temperature, check the filter on the bottom of the scanner is not clogged, check the cooling fans on the back of the scanner are running. If it's below 45.0C you will need to increase the temperature around the scanner unit with a heater.