Sign in to follow this  
flixflixflix

Error W-4380 film carrier

I just got a SP-3000 that I'm trying to figure out. 

Starting the software shows me this error message: 

W-4380

The lock of the carrier is released. 

Remove the carrier and reinstall it. 

Removing the NC100AY and putting back in makes it "start up" and then the same error message shows up. 

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks 

Felix

23 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Can be two reasons - lock is in wrong position and faulty ( or disconnected ) carrier lock sensor (D208) . Have turn off breaker and check sensor resistance with multimeter ( when sensor is on and off ) . Remove the carrier lock assembly and you see sensor there.

Thank you. 

It seems my motherboard on the MCU just died so I'm working on getting that working again. Will take a look at the carrier lock sensor once it's up and running again.

On 11/27/2017 at 11:46 AM, Minilab service said:

Can be two reasons - lock is in wrong position and faulty ( or disconnected ) carrier lock sensor (D208) . Have turn off breaker and check sensor resistance with multimeter ( when sensor is on and off ) . Remove the carrier lock assembly and you see sensor there.

Hey there, I'm having this same issue. Where is the carrier lock assembly located? I don't want to take apart my carrier looking for the wrong thing.

Film carrier lock is on scanner - where you put carrier. Look SP-3000 part list ( part 05 - Mount )  to see it. When carrier inserted it is locked and you have unlock if want to remove it. Inside lock is small microswitch. You have turn off breaker and with multimeter check it  ( when micro switch is on and off ) . Also can be some mechanical problem. Might be that carrier lock works, but something broken and it can't press microswitch D208.