Patrice SF

DX 100

Mine Epson SL D700 which is same printer as DX100

with daily prints on average 100 prins 4x6, 

After 5 Months, every morning before first print, PH always Clog and needs to Clean, SO Cleaning PH is my daily routine. even worse on monday when i didn't print on Sunday.

After 7 Months PH Failed, And was replaced by Epson SC. 

10 Months, Yellow ink Leaking

12 Months, PH Failed again + Pump.

13 Months, Motherboard failed

14 Months, i throw away this printer into Epson Office and never look back.

All and all, this printer is pain in the ass, so many bad news from other users.

Fujifilm knows this, and this is why here in Indonesia, Fujifilm not sell DX 100 anymore, they have new product call DE 100 and this printer use 4 inks .

I feel your pain, we have a Fuji DX-100 which is still away for repair, had to buy a second one to avoid downtime... here is our timeline:

We do on average 10,000 prints/month

We got our first DX-100 on 6th September 2016...

first issue was at around 110,000 prints we got a warning saying the ink feed tubes were reaching the end of their service life... contacted Veritek support and they reset the count remotely...

when we got to 190,000 prints about 10 months into ownership the printhead went, we were down for 3 weeks and lost out on about £3500 business, still trying to make it up now...

then in November 2017 not very long after we got the printer back from having the new printhead fitted we get the warning saying about the ink tubes reaching the end of their service life...

We alerted Veritek and continued printing until time was up, about 26,000 prints if I remember correctly, then we were told we would have to ship the printer back to their lab! again!

Needless to say we could not afford any more downtime so we managed to get a deal on another DX-100 direct from Fuji which arrived at the end of November and we were only down for about 4 days, fastforward to now, that printer is on 33,000 prints and we have no sign as to when our other DX-100 will be back, if ever, apparently they have a constant nozzle block problem with it and are replacing parts left right and centre, the only thing i can be thankful for is that we have a service contract which includes all parts and labour!

So the moral of the story is that after our experience I do NOT recommend these printers to anyone who does any more than 500 prints a week as they only have a "Service Life" of 100,000 prints (Something they do not tell you in the brochures!)

and especially not at the £3800 price tag.

The Epson isn't so bad at £2500 but still pretty much throw away at 100k

On 2/17/2018 at 6:35 PM, samgray96 said:

I feel your pain, we have a Fuji DX-100 which is still away for repair, had to buy a second one to avoid downtime... here is our timeline:

We do on average 10,000 prints/month

We got our first DX-100 on 6th September 2016...

first issue was at around 110,000 prints we got a warning saying the ink feed tubes were reaching the end of their service life... contacted Veritek support and they reset the count remotely...

when we got to 190,000 prints about 10 months into ownership the printhead went, we were down for 3 weeks and lost out on about £3500 business, still trying to make it up now...

then in November 2017 not very long after we got the printer back from having the new printhead fitted we get the warning saying about the ink tubes reaching the end of their service life...

We alerted Veritek and continued printing until time was up, about 26,000 prints if I remember correctly, then we were told we would have to ship the printer back to their lab! again!

Needless to say we could not afford any more downtime so we managed to get a deal on another DX-100 direct from Fuji which arrived at the end of November and we were only down for about 4 days, fastforward to now, that printer is on 33,000 prints and we have no sign as to when our other DX-100 will be back, if ever, apparently they have a constant nozzle block problem with it and are replacing parts left right and centre, the only thing i can be thankful for is that we have a service contract which includes all parts and labour!

So the moral of the story is that after our experience I do NOT recommend these printers to anyone who does any more than 500 prints a week as they only have a "Service Life" of 100,000 prints (Something they do not tell you in the brochures!)

and especially not at the £3800 price tag.

The Epson isn't so bad at £2500 but still pretty much throw away at 100k

Can I ask you... I just bought a brand new Fujifilm DX100.  Where do you buy your ink?  The price for 6 full 200 ml ink cartridges that I'm seeing is an outrageous $360!  A full charge of ink on average will print 300 8x10's. That's $1.20 per 8x10.  My developer changes less than that.  What are you paying for ink for the DX100?

DX-100 is discontinued - no more produced by Epson and Fuji sells what left. Fuji makes new printer DE-100 using Ricoh and Xerox components and technology. So you bought not new, but outdated printer.
Prints on drylab always will be more expensive, than on minilabs. Dry printers will not work as long as minilabs. For example many minilab owners have minilabs built about 2000 year ( Noritsu QSS3001, Fuji  350, Konica R1 and etc ) and they perfectly can print on them. Drylabs where built latter, but almost all first and latter models where scrapped. Fuji DX-100 ( the same Epson SL-D700 ) was created few years ago. Despite that many of them are already thought out.
Original ink is quite expensive. There are many replacement cartridges, but need to find good one. Some replacement ink doesn't match profile, provided by Fuji. Other ink can clog printer head. 

i used different not original ink for DX100, some ruined the printer head (350 $ for change), some made pictures red or cyan (some ink brand, everytime the color matching was different),  some ink chip wasn't recognise by the printer and made error on the other chips too, some inks fade out on the paper after some months (this was a big problem cause some costumers deleted the pictures files from phone or sd card so they lost their pictures forever.) ALWAYS USE ORIGINAL FUJIFILM INK!!!

Not only Fuji. As I said before DX-100 is made by Epson. On Epson SL-D700 used cartridges made by Epson. Of course to use them on DX-100 need to change chip. I agree about not original cartridges. As I told before bad ink can damage printer. On other hand there are companies, which long time make replacement chemicals for minilabs ( for example Axel color, Champion ) . These chemicals are quite similar to original. Some time ago they started to make replacement cartridges. Do not think they can sell a trash and take a risk to ruin their reputation. Of course here just thoughts. Maybe someone tested and can to say more.

1 hour ago, dazngad said:

Does anyone know how to handle W-2203 Ink Cartridge Error?  I am having this error on 2 of my machines.  The service software is showing. 

are you using original cartridges? i had the same problems when i used not originals cause chips didn't work.

Do these two printers doesn't see all color cartridges? What's about maintenance tank? Do you see any changes if put, or remove cartridge? Do all printers have the same firmware and driver version? Do you use original Fuji cartridges, or substitute ( Axelcolor, Champion, Ink2image, many Chinese and etc ) 
There can be problem with software, or hardware. If software - try upgrade driver and firmware to latest versions. The latest driver - 4.5.0 and firmware CP416I3. If hardware - bad cartridge chip ( or not original - not supported by Fuji ) , bad contact between cartridge chip and CSIC contact module, bad connections between CSIC contact modules and connectors CN400/CN401 on CD27 ( main board ) , or faulty main board.

It doesn't seem to be a cartridge error.  If we remove the ribbon cable that connects to the cartridges we have a different error. Currently it reads just ink cartridge error.  Wondering if the suction is gone or clogged.  Not sure where to proceed at this point. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-26 at 1.11.05 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-20 at 10.26.48 AM.jpeg

All cartridges chips can't be bad. If cartridges are original printers should see them. Still didn't say printer doesn't see all color cartridges, or few of them ( for example Cyan, Black...) . Also didn't say about maintenance cartridge. What are driver and firmware versions on working printer and not working.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:39 AM, Patrice SF said:

Yellow and magenta ink leak after 12 months. Anyone having same problems?

its mostly occurs from the cartridge compartments.Well i guess there is two reasons for that,one is the exceed power cleaning and the other is manufacturing defect.