purnomosetiawan

Fujifilm Frontier DE 100

Anyone know about DE 100 ? I own Epson D700 which is same machine as Fujifilm DX100. Epson d700 have bad durability, for a year i change Printhead 3 times, 1 inkhouse, and 1 motherboard. So many negative review on this machine. Recently Fujifilm launch DE100, which is very different to DX100, 4 inks compare to 6 inks. Anyone know about it ? who made this printer ? Noritsu,Epson or Fuji themself?

12 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Not sure that these printers are for sell. They where released on 2016, but even official Noritsu subsidiaries didn't manage to run them. Then Noritsu wrote this press release :

http://www.noritsu-precision.com/en/info/20161227-en/

No more updates after that.

it is sell here in Indonesia, and i dont think it is same printer as qss smart

13 hours ago, vogelw said:

Hello! I am interested in the Epson d700 printer, but I find a lot of bad things about it. I have no experience, but in de100 the 4 colors are very few. Anyone know the Noritsu QSS Smart dr-08, dr-012 printer? Does it have anything to do with Epson? How much is it? etc. ...

http://www.noritsu.eu/hardware/noritsu-qss-smart.html

Ask for 3 years Warranty  otherwise run....

123/5000

Hello! There is a 1 + 1 year warranty in Hungary. I have a small studio. About 10000-15000 prints per year ... I'm scared to buy it. The defective tool is too expensive (4300 usd). But the traditional lab is too big for me. And I do not trust the thermal print (Mitshubishi, Citizen, etc.) This is my problem...

then dont buy it, use larg format printer like canon pro, here in Indonesia, Canon gives us Print Head warranty for LIFETIME as long you use OEM ink. i know that's not ideal for 4x6 size, but at the end we need to make profit doesnt we ? with Surelab d700 or DX100, what you'll find is one trouble to another. When i bought this printer , they promised me PH will last for 100k prints, but that is bullshit, my printhead failed after less than 10k prints 4x6. After PH replacement the printer was loosing it's detail, i dont think the replacement PH is the same as PH on new unit. after 13 months, mainboard was failed and it costs me twice than PH price, my ink house was failed before.

15 000 prints /year : 365 days = 40 prints per day.
Are you sure that you need DX100 and are you sure  that you will return your invested funds in it even in 5 years?
I doubt.

May be better to ask some local photofinishing labs who located near you to print your orders for you? Some kind of co operation.
No headache, no expenses for paper, cartridges, spare parts etc.
And with your volume of prints - the thermoprinters are the best choise. 

Epson SureLab D700 is, acording to our experience, good printer. Printhead is usually changed after 60-70.000 sheets on count which is roughly 100.000 10x15 prints. Problem with ink cartridge holder is on 1% of D700 as well as MB. Either you are not lucky, or you have bad power supply or you use non-genuine ink. We faced on DX100 very short PH life span when customers saves money with cheap ink.

On 1/31/2018 at 1:19 PM, purnomosetiawan said:

then dont buy it, use larg format printer like canon pro, here in Indonesia, Canon gives us Print Head warranty for LIFETIME as long you use OEM ink. i know that's not ideal for 4x6 size, but at the end we need to make profit doesnt we ? with Surelab d700 or DX100, what you'll find is one trouble to another. When i bought this printer , they promised me PH will last for 100k prints, but that is bullshit, my printhead failed after less than 10k prints 4x6. After PH replacement the printer was loosing it's detail, i dont think the replacement PH is the same as PH on new unit. after 13 months, mainboard was failed and it costs me twice than PH price, my ink house was failed before.

may i ask are using original ink and paper from fuji.?

just my opinion

d700 is not a bad printer in fact is a good one ....

i own d700 and use it with original ink and paper for quite some times until it leak. yellow ink leak

so i have to send it to service center and they tell me my d700 is out of warranty and need to change print head

wtf it was a leakage. and i surely know it have nothing to do with the printhead.....

but in the end i had to agree to change the perfectly fine print head cuz otherwise my printer travel for nothing

So you have a right to ask to return your PH if you are sure in its good condition. Although they can return to you, but not yours. All depends on the honesty of the service center now.

hello!!!i am new owner of fuji de100 .

can anyone  give me an offer for ms01 and the other program for connection???

thank you!best regards nick!

Edited by nick1

at Purnomosetiawan: Pitty that it took them so long time to find out what went wrong finaly a new improved printhead for SLD700 and DX100 is announced (will be soon available for servicecenters). Improved inkholders were previously also already released...I guess bad luck for you. I've seen many machines that did the 100k prints whithout facing clogged nozzles nor ink leakage. On the other hand I've seen situations like yours also and everything used by owner was OEM Fujifillm.

If you have the opportunity to remove rear cover from a DE100 you will see "RICOH" on main board...

at nick1: What you are looking for is called MSP80 there's one for MS4.2 Win7 and another for MS10 running on Win10 systems. It is burned on a DVD with a copy protection. Fujifilm subsidairies are selling those….  In which country are you Nick1?

On 1/7/2019 at 12:02 PM, Hansen said:

just my opinion

d700 is not a bad printer in fact is a good one ....

i own d700 and use it with original ink and paper for quite some times until it leak. yellow ink leak

so i have to send it to service center and they tell me my d700 is out of warranty and need to change print head

wtf it was a leakage. and i surely know it have nothing to do with the printhead.....

but in the end i had to agree to change the perfectly fine print head cuz otherwise my printer travel for nothing

well, my yellow ink was leaking yesterday, epson service centre also sell inkhouse and printhead as a package deal , they said because it needs a months to order the leaking parts, so if the printer do nothing at that periode of time, the print head is fails

8 hours ago, purnomosetiawan said:

does Frontier DX100 and D700 can switch parts? PH, inkhouse, electronic etc ?

Hello. Yes, almost all parts are replaceable. These printers are almost the same. Difference only software, driver, maintenance utility, cover color and cartridges with ink. It is easy to make Epson from Fuji and Fuji from Epson ( have use other software, driver, maintenance utility, upgrade printer firmware, use other maker cartridges ) .

On 3/23/2019 at 6:14 PM, Minilab service said:

Hello. Yes, almost all parts are replaceable. These printers are almost the same. Difference only software, driver, maintenance utility, cover color and cartridges with ink. It is easy to make Epson from Fuji and Fuji from Epson ( have use other software, driver, maintenance utility, upgrade printer firmware, use other maker cartridges ) .

Well, i asked to Fujifilm Indonesia Tech Support, can i buy Fujifim DX100 ink house for Epson Surelab d700, he said, it cant be done because they are different printers...well i guess Fujifilm Indonesia tech not that smart huh....

Fuji dx100 is 99% the same with D700. Noritsu dr08 should be the same with dx100/d700.  All 3 are developed by Epson. Noritsu dr12 is based on an Epson printer ( i hope not based on epson D3000 which is a nightmare to service). DR08/12 are just a test. Noritsu marketing/sales team had a simple choice: keep the green series ( epson print head rated at about 1000000 prints ) or release dr08/12. Probably green series would sell very bad if a dr08 at about 3000-5000 $/euro would hit the market.

I dont know why Noritsu does not develop a low volume/speed QSS at a price of 15000-25000 $/euro. That would kill the d700/dx100 market for photolab use.

Regarding d700:

I now own 2 D700. One of them is 3.5 years old and has over 500000 prints. I changed everything on it  (motherboard 3 times from my fault ) except cutter which lasted far better then the recomended 100000 print and is still working. I changed about 5 print heads and 2 paper drawers. I used only epson inks and i print all of my clients print on it.  Paper is not that important from my tests but epson ink is a must. For me D700 has been a God send replacement for QSS3001 ( i had 2 of them) . For D700 to be a good choice for you, you have to use it daily, give it epson ink and have a extremly good relation with you service partner. A bad think is epson order controller software. It's made by idiots. Probably just programmers without photo printing knowledge. It' also expensive if not in kit with D700.

I forgot one small thing: quality of d700 print is enough for usual customer, far better then any thermal printer i tried but lower compared with QSS 3001

Edited by mortu140
MOre information

I was at the Fuji conference in PL and watched the new DE100. Representatives claimed that this is a completely new Fuji construction with 4 inks and a smaller drop. Apparently he has to use less expensive ink. It also has to clean the head more economically.

Edited by Vaclavus