Sign in to follow this  
yuyu

How is Business ?

How is business in your place?

I think the demand for photo printing is declining steadily and cost of running the store is going up. In order to adapt and survive we have started doing copy shop services in the store like color printing and copying. I gotta say that its turning in some profits. Also passport photos are what is keeping us in business. 

What are you guys doing different inorder to keep the business alive ?

90 % of our order is passport size photos, with that conditions, we ditch our Noritsu laser lab, now we use Epson Drylab, and as backup we use Epson l1800 and refill it with Epson Drylab ink, the result is superb. We sell passport size as package, per package is use 4x6" paper size we sell it $ 2, and my customers are happy. The up size using drylab, now we can process photo very fast, our customer can process their passport size photo under 3 minutes. For 12" size we use Canon large format printer,  those printer has very low maintenance cost. Our Canon even have LIFETIME Print Head warranty, as long we use Canon ink, which is that we do. 

At the old days, we use several Noritsu Laser Printers, we prints amateur photographers , but day by day they asked very low prices and demand high quality. Every day we prints 5000 - 7000 prints per day back then. But to maintance those machines is very pain in the ass, contract service cost increasing year by year, the tech very difficult to find. Now we leave ameteurs photographers services and we provides retails service to end customers only. We dont print wedding except for ours, we dont print studio except ours.

For the future, i planned to ditch photo printing business , 5 years max, and i'm out.

Edited by purnomosetiawan