Hello Noritsu club...

Please help and tell me if it's possible to baypass the scanner of a QSS 3411 ?

And if yes, which software do I need to install ?

I'm thinking to use the printer like Frontier 7700, connected by LAN cable direct to a computer !

Thank you in advance !

Please provide me with:
PP model
LP model
control station (scanner unit) model.

Please contact me by email software@minilablaser.com If you need direct contact and more information.

If you have QSS3411 ( SI-2400 + LP-2300 + PP-1223W ) and want to make QSS-34PRO then instead scanner ( SI-2400 ) have connect workstation CS-1 ( the same, which used with QSS32xx minilabs ) . 

LP-2300 has not LAN cable. It has LVDS + ARCNET. You can connect it only to scanner, or workstation.

When use scanner ( SI-2400 ) have to install QSS-3411 Digital system software. If instead scanner connected workstation ( CS-1 ) then have to install QSS-34PRO system software.

QSS-3411 and QSS-34PRO can be connected to EZ controller, but through scanner, or workstation computer. Need new version EZ controller and connection software.

@Minilab service i have my 3411 connected to EZ but unfortunetely when I send files there is a huge oversaturation. When I set the saturation to 50 (instead of 100) in EZ controller it prints and looks ok. However on my 3202 files look then unnatural. I checked setting for both machines and can't find the problem. Any ideas?

@Minilab service

This is DSA setting:
DIauyfL.jpg

And this what is the difference:
top picted with printer profile ON in ez controller(it's ok, I know bad white balance in phone)
bottom same picture with same channel send to qs3411 with printer profile ON in ez controller
Jgke8nr.jpg

It is difficult decide what is wrong, when see regular image. Find some test file and check all step by step - print directly from minilab, print from other computer using print driver ( will be used net order also ) . Look print results. If both well there then have to see EZ controller settings.

I think you have ask support your software supplier. When software from me I help to solve all problems. Your software supplier should do the same.

@Minilab service so my software supplier and technician is now run out od ideas and I'm searching also for solutions. :)

I did the testing and looks like QSS34 absolutely ignores DSA(net order) chroma setting. Always print pictures as if chroma is set to 200. (although it is set to 100)

In my QSS32 when I change DSA(net order) chroma setting pictures looks EXACTLY the same as from QSS34.

Do You have any simple ideas what could make this situation? Of course if it payable and You have an idea I can pay You via Paypal e.g. :)

Regards

@ALANSUR - i think that too. :) however changing chroma for netorder in qss34 changes nothing and change on qss32 affect pictures.

it feels like qss34 saved in memory netorder chroma 200 and whatever I set in DSA setting it won’t change. (Yeah I tried 50/100/200 chroma and it looks exactly the same on qss34)

Try the following, print file test fuji, I need to see exactly this print with owner software of 34 and another print with Ez-controller both with value default DSA.

If chroma adjustments works on QSS32 it should work on QSS34 also. Probably problems with QSS34 settings. To make sure would be the best to print using print driver. Then used the same Net order mode. 

If even then chroma is bad you have to search problems in QSS34. Check settings on operator selections and print channels. If all OK try reinstall software and load service data ( printer, laser processor...) , but do not load main data. Create new channel and try to print directly from minilab and then from EZ controller.

48 minutes ago, Spheros said:

Hi guys!

Let's not leave it unsolved.
We downgrade QSS software to version 6 and we have it working. :)

Thank You for Your help and assistance!

Regards

Great!

Some further detail would be helpful.

What was the software version that was giving you the trouble?
Which model from the 34 series is it?

Thanks for posting the solution.

On 19/03/2018 at 11:20 PM, Minilab service said:

Need new version EZ controller and connection software.

Does this mean no need of EZ Lab? If possible can convince customer to buynew version EZC for his QSS 3111.

Also is possible to highlight these areas on the attached picture (QSS software)? Or in EZ Controller?

DSA Managment On EZC.jpg

Hello. Do not need EZ Lab to connect QSS34. EZ controller can be connected directly.

To EZ controller directly can be connected QSS3101-1 ( QSS3111-1 ) and all latter models ( QSS32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38, 39 ) .

QSS3101 and QSS3111 are older. Older models ( starting from QSS28 ) to EZ controller can be connected using EZ Lab.

I have the latest EZ controller and EZ Lab software. Both can work with dongles, or can be activated and work without them.

On 03/10/2018 at 7:23 AM, Forestyl said:

Also is possible to highlight these areas on the attached picture (QSS software)? Or in EZ Controller?

No it is not possible, these options are only available for use with the film scanner.

10 hours ago, Dave S said:

No it is not possible, these options are only available for use with the film scanner.

Then what about the equivalent in EZC? You know I've never deal with EZC before.

Do not understand your question. First on your screenshot I see DSA settings for Net Order. These settings are effective only for files, which you receive from Network ( printer driver, QSS Kids, EZ controller...) . You do not see and do not correct these files, when they are printed. Files can be corrected only automatically, so would be recommended to set 0 there.

To see DSA settings for negative, positive, digital photo, flatbed scanner you can see if select different box. There can choose default values. When you open exact picture these settings will be applied automatically, but if you want can correct them ( increase, or decrease ) .

EZ controller has similar interface. I checked on my laptop, where installed EZ controller ( version 6.8 ) and there all contrast adjustments are active - even if I open digital file there. 

Additionally on EZ controller can be installed  optional modules -  Cross filter, Lens aberration, Scene correction, Soft filter, Spot Correction, Tone Curve Correction ( the same as on Photoshop ) . Using them you can correct more than using DSA.

On EZ controller can open RAW files from digital cameras. EZ controller has profiles of the most popular cameras. The later EZ controller support the most of them, because list is updated.  Then camera corrections can be applied automatically ( depends what you choose on EZ controller settings ) .

As I told before new EZ controller versions can work with Noritsu minilabs directly - QSS3101-1 ( QSS3111-1 ) and all latter models ( QSS32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38, 39 ) , LPS-24 PRO . Also can be connected any Noritsu dry printer, Fuji minilabs ( LP7x00 ) , Fuji drylabs ( DL-4x0 ) , some Epson wide format printers and two DNP models ( DS-40 and DS-80 ) .

If you want to connect older models ( QSS28 - QSS31 , for example QSS3101, QSS3111, QSS2901, QSS3001...) you need EZ Lab software. To EZ Lab can be connected any Noritsu minilab, or dry printer.