MFOTO

Problem Changing Green Laser Gun QSS3501

Hello,

Changing a green laser gun we have no error but the image goes out totally Dark Green-brown (see att).

What can we check? always got the same calibration print. how to check laser gun alignment?

QSS3501 (2 AOM)

We swap the laser gun from another laser module that has blue laser problem. And alreay swap AOM and try with a new AOM.

Thank you very much for any help.

29983019_10157781730813636_5859821228420610121_o.jpg

Edited by MFOTO

You will not get error, because your replaced laser head works well. All outputs on laser driver are correct and you have not any errors. When laser head replaced you have to make laser alignment. How to do it ask your laser head supplier, or ask experienced engineer, who knows how to do it. Alignment should be quite precise. Otherwise you have what see now.

Thank you very much for your Answer, I have no laser supplier due to the laser gun was in another laser module that has benn replace before for blue laser porblems. I'll try to do laser alignment. If any body know how to do it right, please let me know. Thanks!

Laser is correctly aligned, there is some kind of laser error, because I run the laser and 3 colors are ok one by one by output check, but when I go to print, I can see always a red laser ON (maybe with blue). What can be this?

It looks to me like the laser beams are badly aligned causing the laser beam/s to expose/fog the paper all the time. The laser beam should only expose on to the paper when the AOM crystal has been turned on (Green & Blue in your case as there is no Red AOM).

The other possible cause is the laser control PCB is faulty and sending an on signal to the AOM's /laser head when it shouldn't.

Thank you Dave. 

It is extrange, I Only change/move the green laser gun with driver PCB , if I move green laser, it works  but no Magenta in prints(no green laser exposed). 

The bad print (gree-brown) show a bad image, double arrow and gray patern is not ok. it looks like a bad syncronization. but when green laser is not present, the print is good syncronized.

I changed AOM ps, but nothing changes.

is this possible for Laser Driver PCB fault? (without error)

how can I use the other Laser driver? I tried but prints always goes magenta lines and errors. (both laser drivers are the same part numbre)

Thanks!

Hi.

A friend from the forum sent me a laser gun replacement manual, and I think it'll work OK. 

steps are:

-Change the laser gun, align the ligth

-Initian Setup (intensity, gamma,...)

-Mechanical adjustment. (is not possible to do this before initial setup)

tomorrow I'll do allthe process.

Hi.

Now there is a different problem with the same 3501. It works ok for 2 months but now prints are green and double exposed.

I checked laser inside and 3 color are ok. But when printing I can see always a magenta light. 

I have pictures and video but can't att. here.

Please help

On 5/17/2018 at 4:49 PM, MFOTO said:

It is Juno Laser, but is not mine. I can ask the owner, but how can you get it?

Seems you did not ask, or not answered.

Laser units have not magenta light, so you can't see it there. Laser units have red, green and blue colors. 

Here are the pictures. 

1-Laser inside. 3 laser beam

0001.jpg

2.Picture output

0002.jpg

3.calibration and advance

0003.jpg

4. MAGENTA Ligth, always on when printing. it seems to be blue+red lasers. (inside laser near the output prism)

0004.jpg

When I check lasers by output check, red and blue ligths are 1cm before the prism (where I put the paper in this pictute), green laser ligths over prims. but printing there is opposite.

Thank you very much for your help.

5 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Seems you did not ask, or not answered.

Laser units have not magenta light, so you can't see it there. Laser units have red, green and blue colors. 

I couldn't ask the owner due to new problem. sorry.

Edited by MFOTO

16 hours ago, MFOTO said:

Hi.

Thanks for your answer.

This green laser gun is taken from another laser module with bad blue laser.

The AOM has not been changed (both). Changing green laser is better to change AOM?

16 hours ago, MFOTO said:

Now there is a different problem with the same 3501. It works ok for 2 months but now prints are green and double exposed.

I checked laser inside and 3 color are ok. But when printing I can see always a magenta light. 

I have pictures and video but can't att. here.

Please help

Well the AOM driver should be the first thing to replace.

You are seeing magenta light because red and blue make magenta, there is so little green getting to the paper. This is why you are getting green prints and double exposures.

Either the AOM driver is bad, the green laser is bad, or it's very poorly aligned.

Thanks for your answer Dave S.

In the 3 lasers image can you see the green laser is very weak?

can you help me with some manual to align better the green laser?

If I replace green laser, is necesary to replace AOM? 

Where can I find a good new green laser for a good price?

Thank you very much.

G light you should see brighter. Run laser test and look what you see there. If you have not PRO minilab - have to run additional software. On PRO models can access laser test from service menu.

Also when laser is ON look what is voltage between R54 resistor ( big resistor ) pins on laser driver. On multimeter set 200 mV range. Then can decide what to change.

Even if head is bad it can be repaired. if need - I can do it. Do not need replace AOM, when change laser head. Might be have to re-adjust position. AOM crystal and AOM driver have to change only when they are bad.

Laser head alignment manual should be supplied with laser head. Ask laser head supplier to give manual. If in short - have adjust vertical and horizontal position and on output to get laser light as strong as possible. Of course to output should go correct beam. If to output will get "0" beam your paper will be fogged ( all in magenta ) .

Thank you Minilab Service.

I'll check R54 voltage, what voltage is good for the green laser?

How can I check AOM driver with multimeter?

I'll run also Laser test.

how much would be a laser head repair? 

Thank you very much!