Jump to content
StruggleTech

Help On DX100 Problem

Recommended Posts

is the gap still there after PH Changing,  maybe your old PH is fine, id ont know which one is but the pump is round, here if you buy Original Epson d700 PH from epson, you'll get a pump , it's a package, they said it is better to replace those at the same time, it's just like gear and chain at bike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

After few day of Printing, the fault came back again......

After doing Normal and Power Cleaning, gap or no colour on only Magenta. (The Rest Of The Colour is OK!)

Change New Printhead & Capping Unit Pump.....

Anyone face this problem before ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the error come right after you turn on the printer ? Check cutter section if it's so, the cutter failed to initialize, usually after we turn on the printer, the cutter move, if the cutter failed, the printer intial proccess is stop and state error with all leds on

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On printer service manual all errors started from D ( Dxxx ) mean firmware error - service call for firmware debugging. This is an error for debugging in the design stage. However, it may occur due to unexpected reasons such as external noises. Turn the power off once and turn it back on to check if the printer recovers from the error.

If not - just can re-install firmware ( if still have connection with printer ) . If board has not connectivity with printer working software try to connect using DX100 service maintenance software. If Fuji service maintenance software can't connect also try to connect using Epson printer service maintenance software. I have both versions - for Fuji and Epson. If it doesn't help - have to replace the main board with a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Did you ever fix your printer?  I have a DX100 and just got the service software.  I have had already 10 printers.  Threw away 6 of them. I am located where there is no service. 

 

I have thought that when one of the colors stops to print it must be a damper problem.  I am not sure. But if the head was printing good and then in a day or 2 the head doesn't print at all wouldn't it be an ink supply issue to that color only.  If not you would get a clogged Nozzle pattern???

 

What have you done that worked. 

 

Also, was it easy to change the head? 

 

And could you find Cleaning cartridges to run cleaning solution through the printhead?  

 

Sorry for so many questions. 

Edited by dazngad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parts can get from local Epson, or on internet shops. Use Epson part numbers. Printing head is Epson Print Head Id852V FA17000 , PUMP CAP ASSY,A ESL,ASP - 1671471, TUBE,JOINT ASSY ESL,ASP - 1619767.

It was wrong decision to through out not working printers. At least could remove boards, cutter and some other parts. Main board is more expensive, than printing head. New cutter price is almost the same, as printer head. All parts can be used on Fuji DX-100, Fuji Frontier-S and Epson SL-D700.

It is not difficult to replace printing head. How to do it read on service manual. If do not understand something and have questions can ask on private message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want can order the same parts from Fuji. Then part numbers would be FW16GFA17000 , FW16G1671471 and FW16G1619767 . As you see end is the same - just added FW16G . Probably Fuji get parts from Epson, repacking into bags with Fuji part numbers and sending to customers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm late to the conversation but I can tell you that the Pump Cap must always be the first part to replace if you are having unrecoverable nozzle issues, especially when only 1 colour drops out. I should mention that changing the Pump Cap is not the easiest on the DX100 / SL-D700. Never replace a PH and not also the Pump Cap unless the pump cap is relatively new. Also in this scenario inspect the back of the cartridge holder for the colour affected as these are known to fail & leak.

Only on rare occasions is the decompression pump at fault, after that on rare occasions replacing the Tube Joint Assy has resolved the issue. Unfortunately to replace this part or the cartridge holders you really need the Draining cartridges and service program or you'll have an awful ink mess. Yes, Fuji does not make Epson parts, in fact I'm not sure if Fuji still make Fuji parts?! 😂 Epson pack the DX100 & DL650 parts for Fuji already labelled, just like any OEM supplier. Cheers for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:44 PM, Minilab service said:

Parts can get from local Epson, or on internet shops. Use Epson part numbers. Printing head is Epson Print Head Id852V FA17000 , PUMP CAP ASSY,A ESL,ASP - 1671471, TUBE,JOINT ASSY ESL,ASP - 1619767.

It was wrong decision to through out not working printers. At least could remove boards, cutter and some other parts. Main board is more expensive, than printing head. New cutter price is almost the same, as printer head. All parts can be used on Fuji DX-100, Fuji Frontier-S and Epson SL-D700.

It is not difficult to replace printing head. How to do it read on service manual. If do not understand something and have questions can ask on private message.

Most parts are also good for the SL-D800 series too, including the print head as this has not changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 3:50 AM, The Tech said:

I'm late to the conversation but I can tell you that the Pump Cap must always be the first part to replace if you are having unrecoverable nozzle issues, especially when only 1 colour drops out. I should mention that changing the Pump Cap is not the easiest on the DX100 / SL-D700. Never replace a PH and not also the Pump Cap unless the pump cap is relatively new. Also in this scenario inspect the back of the cartridge holder for the colour affected as these are known to fail & leak.

Only on rare occasions is the decompression pump at fault, after that on rare occasions replacing the Tube Joint Assy has resolved the issue. Unfortunately to replace this part or the cartridge holders you really need the Draining cartridges and service program or you'll have an awful ink mess. Yes, Fuji does not make Epson parts, in fact I'm not sure if Fuji still make Fuji parts?! 😂 Epson pack the DX100 & DL650 parts for Fuji already labelled, just like any OEM supplier. Cheers for now.

Hi for some reason my post earlier didn't go through.  I wanted to verify what you mean by the Pump Cap?  Do you mean the Damper?  or the Capping Station?  Where do I get the draining cartridge & or flushing cartridges. 

 

I actually found that i had 1 Fuji DX100 kept in my garage. So I do have spare parts but the heat does take it toll as I live in Aruba.  (No techs here so we have to work with the premise to fly out a tech or fix ourselves -.. Of course learning to fix is timly and not always possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He means PUMP CAP ASSY,A ESL,ASP - 1671471. Damper is part on TUBE,JOINT ASSY ESL,ASP - 1619767.

Yes, cartridge holder are known to fail & leak. Some time ago Epson released new assembly, where should be fixed this problem. 

If really printing head is faulty I'm sure you can change it yourself. I think it is not so difficult and many printer owners changed it themselves.

If to work carefully can change without whole system cleaning. Of course if you want to work clean - you need cleaning. Cartridges can buy from Epson, or make yourself ( have to use refillable cartridges ) .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Minilab service said:

He means PUMP CAP ASSY,A ESL,ASP - 1671471. Damper is part on TUBE,JOINT ASSY ESL,ASP - 1619767.

Yes, cartridge holder are known to fail & leak. Some time ago Epson released new assembly, where should be fixed this problem. 

If really printing head is faulty I'm sure you can change it yourself. I think it is not so difficult and many printer owners changed it themselves.

If to work carefully can change without whole system cleaning. Of course if you want to work clean - you need cleaning. Cartridges can buy from Epson, or make yourself ( have to use refillable cartridges ) .   

Thank you.  I always called it a capping station.  I wonder why 2 colors would fail and not all with this situation.  But Maybe the seal is weak near the one section of the head. I have one on order.  I once tried to clean a head on one of my printers (we ran solution through and had a perfect waterfall).  But were never able to get ink to flow again.  That was years ago, the first time we took one apart.  I assumed I need the printer to do an initial charge but without the service software that wouldn't happen. 

 

On a different note, spoke with my Fuji Rep and the DX100 is not slated to be changed in the US & Caribbean market.  We started to experiment with aftermarket papers from the Far East.  Thicker, and prints fine.  But the coating isn't the quality I would provide my customers.  Pricing is advantageous though.  Ordered a few test rolls.  Luster has a strange loss of clarity & Glossy has streaking in the coating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here, in my country INDONESIA, if your catridge holder or also known as ink house failed, you need to replace your printhead too, they (epson) sell it as package deal which is not deal at all...i replaced my PH before, after two months the ink was leaking, they said ink house needs to be replaced....so i must bought the ink house and ph as a package....

why they sell like this ? because it needs almost 6 months to get this part, with taht long periode the printer is not printing they assumed that print head will fail...

that's why i've done with epson and fujifilm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, purnomosetiawan said:

here, in my country INDONESIA, if your catridge holder or also known as ink house failed, you need to replace your printhead too, they (epson) sell it as package deal which is not deal at all...i replaced my PH before, after two months the ink was leaking, they said ink house needs to be replaced....so i must bought the ink house and ph as a package....

why they sell like this ? because it needs almost 6 months to get this part, with taht long periode the printer is not printing they assumed that print head will fail...

that's why i've done with epson and fujifilm...

What do you use instead that can do what the Fuji does at the same cost of ownership? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...