Sign in to follow this  
MOUSIE

Epson 7800 won't recognize new maintenance tank

My Epson 7800 suddenly said there was no Maintenance Tank installed and quit operating, although there was an almost new tank installed. A look into Serviceman Mode revealed an Error code 00010027. (Micro air leak from the pressure motor.) I read on another post on this forum that this could be the result of a cracked ink cartridge, but I have checked all the cartridges and they all look fine. Then there's the question of "No Maintenance Tank installed" when there really is one. Is my 7800 confused? Because I know I am! Can anyone help?

Oh, poo! I removed the right side shell cover and checked to see if anything seemed out of place. I had read that the Pressure Tube may be disconnected. Put the cover back on and now the machine doesn't even turn on. Is there a trick to putting the shell back on to get the Control Panel connected correctly?

O.K. I got the Control Panel plugged in correctly this time and the machine powered up, but the message still says "Maintenance tank Not Installed." (Not true.) I have back ordered prints to send out. I don't know what to do!