lazal

Aom driver unit 3501 PLUS

Hello, I need some information and some support !!!

I have a Noritsu minilab Qss-3501 Plus and about a week ago while taking a'n order the final  ~10 print was greenish or some sort (no error no warning on the soft). Then after giving another command again the print was the same sort of greenish.I didn't do any order for a while, and then after doing another order it was working normally.Then the next day same thing the print was greenish again.I change the pc with another one that I keep it as a backup incase something goes wrong with the first one, with this one  the first 2 prints were greenish and then it was ok and  then on for  2 days all was right.I change back the pc with the 1'st one (I  thought was a software problem).

I search on the internet and I saw that this problem it's caused by aom driver unit (hardware problem).After looking into the service manual I found where the aom unit it's located and I've removed all the dust and checked all the connections for now it's working ok .The service manual schematic showed 3 aom unit but this lab has only 1. (QSS 3501 PLUS )

My aom unit was not changed at all it is the original one.I saw in some topics that the life spawn it's aproximatly 5 years depending on the prints, mine has ~11 years :)

So my questions are !? What are the difference in having 3 aom units 2 or 1 ? Are there any difference between aom or all are the same (like model number or this lab can use only some model of aom units)? Can I use mine further more or it's a sign I must change it ? How must it cost a new one not a refurbished and where i can buy one I saw some aom unit's on ebay and aliexpress but i'm skeptical about buying from there ? It's affecting another component if it's not working properly(aom unit) ?

As of now this are all my questions if some questions pops up my head in the meantime I'll ask . 

Srry for long post !!!

Thanks for reply,

Best regards...! 

Hello. You have to look QSS3501 PLUS diagram. There just one AOM driver. Probably you looked at QSS3501 diagram ( model without PLUS ) . These minilabs are different.

In your minilab can be faulty G AOM driver, or G laser head. Can use AOM driver from any Noritsu minilab, or few Fuji models ( made by Noritsu ) . Can use any AOM driver model - new ( made by Noritsu ), or older ( made by Matsushita ). AOM driver can be from any color - do not need search AOM driver from G channel. This minilab can have G laser heads from two makers. Look laser type on software version check, or look laser driver type ( J391160 or J391231 ) . Start from AOM driver. The biggest possibility that it is faulty. If it will not help - then instability from laser head.

If need can repair AOM driver, or laser head for you. Have full working AOM drivers and G laser heads and can exchange with your not working.

Thanks for the info, I only have service manual in pdf format for the 35 series and saw image with 3 aom units and thought that i have 3 until i saw only one.IDon't have diagram for the qss3501 plus.

It's there a posibility that removing the dust can make the aom driver work again properly because right now it's working ok and didn't have any problem since.... as of now or must replace?After removing the dust i've made a  paper test and insted of green had a tempt of not green but red but just a bit repeating the test  was ok ....making ~ 300 prints without any problem.

I saw aom units made by matsushita and panasonic but nowhere from noritsu...

It's there a posibility to  check if the laser head  has a instability ? 

The last generation of 35 series (Plus) had only one AOM driver because of red and blue channels made on direct modulation laser basis. They do not require any modulation because the laser heads generate modulated beams.
Yes - if to remove the dust it can help AOM driver have better temperature control and can return AOM driver to life. So we recommend controlling the fan condition of AOM driver periodically.
Noritsu does not need to establish the manufacture of AOM drivers if they can order the production of it at Matsushita (Panasonic is a trademark of it). 

If you have a problem with a green laser module or with a AOM driver - we can help you. We are one of the oldest manufacturers of laser modules and we offer the modules based on semiconductor diode design. 

We can repair AOM driver also.
Please contact me by email: info@minilablaser.com or fill in the form to receive more information at our website dedicated the laser repair and laser modules here:
https://www.minilablaser.com 

I have all manuals - for PLUS models also.

Do not think that dust cleaning will help you. AOM driver works at quite high temperature. Fan works only if temperature too high. If temperature is too low AOM driver turns on heater. When temperature is idle then fan and heater do not work. When cleaned dusts AOM driver fan will work shorter.

I think in your minilab should be AOM driver made by Noritsu. AOM driver board has Noritsu part number, but can't order it from Noritsu. From Noritsu can buy assembled AOM driver only. AOM driver is mounted into metal case. This model is not made by Matsushita.

Matsushita ( Panasonic ) AOM drivers are mounted into aluminium case. There are many models - EFLC200P24x ( instead x - G, G1, H, J, J1, K, K2, L ) .

Can be that your AOM driver was exchanged with older model, but it is not problem. AOM drivers are exchangeable.

You can run laser test to see stability, but there can check whole laser unit only ( laser head, AOM crystal, AOM driver, sensor and etc ) . You will not see what of them cause instability. To find what is wrong first change AOM driver. Sorry, but if AOM driver changing will not help then big possibility that your G laser is faulty.

Thanks all for reply . I will see how the lab works for a few more days then if the problem it's back then must change the aom unit hope that  is the problem and not the G laser module....

we didn't get any spare aom unit !?

I'l make a test to see the stability!!

I'll be back with info...

It seems the problem came back now the images are greenish again but at other order it began to have some problem with the red also....Don't know what to do 

Thinking to buy a new aom I hope it will fix.Hope not having problem with laser heads on both green and red.Not know yet the aom "code" model need for this lab.I will watch to see.

Hope works after change !

1. Why do you think that the red channel is also got bad? Are there any blue stripes?
2. You can use any AOM driver for your lab. The best way is to obtain a very reliable AOM driver with a standby mode from us but currently, they are on backorder and seems we do not have it for sale.
I will check the stock for any non-reserved item.

As I told you many times can use any Noritsu AOM driver. Can use new, or older models ( even from QSS3000 ) . Of course replacement should be working.

Red color will be good. There used laser without AOM drivers. Faulty Red would cause changes between Red and Cyan ( not Blue )  . 

This is the result after some searching the magenta goes up and down that's why I get green and red sorry for misleading :) (see attachement).So I bought a new aom unit hope works after change.

Thanks all for support!

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

Only very beginner can say that Cyan is Blue. Experienced engineers and minilab operators know what is CMYK. Red laser beam on paper makes Cyan color, Green laser beam makes Magenta and Blue beam makes Yellow. Blue color on paper can be when missing Blue laser beam and on paper missing yellow color.

On your test prints I see color changes between Green and Magenta. That means problem is in Green channel. You are right - first change AOM driver and then see. It is typical fault on minilabs. If AOM driver changing will not help you be prepared to change G laser head. Sorry, but it is typical fault also. 

Hello. Glad to hear that all where solved. You not first and not last who had to change AOM driver. It is typical fault on Noritsu, Fuji and Agfa minilabs. 

Do not though out faulty AOM driver. Can give it to repair and have spare. If do not need it - I can buy this faulty AOM driver.

When we bought the aom unit they said to send the faulty one to them to cut the price for the new one so we don't have it anymore!

Maybe in the future we might buy a new aom unit to have it as spare part in case something happens with this one, only this time we will buy it from other place, without sending the other one back.