Sign in to follow this  
centreimage

Noritsu qss3001 power cable connection

Hi, i moved my minilab to an other location and the power cable have been disconected.  I would like to know where wires black, red, white and green should go ? Which color to L1, L2, L3 and N. I supposed black goes to L1 and green to N, but  what about red and white ? I am leaving in Canada and circuit breaker is 30 amp.

Firstly never suppose with Electricity. Green never goes to N.  I recommend you use an electrician for your own safety.

You need to have 240VAC between L1 and L2 assuming the machine is wired for single phase. (It should say on the specification label on the back of the machine). In Canada you need to use 2 Phases (+120VAC and -120VAC) to achieve 240V @ 60HZ

L3 and N are not connected on single phase wired machines.

Green is always the Earth or Ground connection.

Again I recommend you use an electrician for your own safety.

Actually . . . I mean all QSS-3001 extruded power cable from paper processor  is LOCAL CABLE,,, THUS nobody can remotely tell you exactly which wire / which color is right or wrong to go which points...  Seeking help from your local electrician will be the BEST idea to avoid further DAMAGE to the machine

12 hours ago, centreimage said:

Thank you Dave for your advice. L1 and L2 are 110 and 110 v. Green never goes to N so green goes to L3 and white to N or born with stripe yellow and green ?

Again there is NO CONNECTION to L3 and N. Do not connect any wires to these terminals.

Yes Noritsu never supplied a power cable. Indeed wiring colour standards can be different between countries, so this is why a local electrician is recommended.

Just 3 wires are connected

L1, L2 and the Green/Yellow one which is Earth (Ground)

I hope that is clear?

Thank you Dave, every connection are fines. Now, it doesn't start up, i have power to switch, and main power supply ( the one just beside magazine paper ) but i think relay pcb is not working. No sound from my noritsu !

Hello Dave, i called a friend ( who is electrician ) and because a have a Federal main electrical pannel, braker was installed at the wrong place and i had only one phase. Braker was supposed to go on 2 differents pins. Now i have 250 volts between L1 and L2. Thank you very much for your patience and your help, Bruno.