zevo

Fuji Frontier-S DX100 stuck with all lights on after failed firmware update

hello everybody!

I have a Fuji Frontier-S DX100 and I had to reinstall drivers, and as you know, at the end of the procedure, the installer software updates the printer firmware too.

unluckily in the same very moment an issue occur with electricity, and the printer stays with all lights always on, as if it was in the middle of the firmware update, and does not communicate anymore through the USB connection.

does anybody know a way to rewrite the firmware?

I hope that someone will be so kind to give me some help and solve this situation.

thanks!

you're so kind to write such a really fast answer!

I will try in the next days and then I'll keep up to date with the result, 'cause someone else might be interested.

thank you very much!

anyway, I'm waiting for other suggestions too!

no way to communicate with the printer with epson software.

maybe there is a procedure, a series of operation, that allows the initial connection with the printer, and then the wrinting of a new firmware.

maybe the service manual could describe that.

in any case, it's not convenient for me to change the original firmware with the epson one.

furthermore I couldn't find the fuji firmware, so my hopes for a self-fix seem unlikely.

thanks anyway, and still hoping and waiting that someone has a solution.

My personal opinion... Sorry to hear that you met the most awful things that Power failure during updating firmware ..:61_sob:

Perhaps ONLY Epson factory can recover..   DX-100 model is built by Epson too for Fujifilm company

PM me your $$ budget /country you're from....so perhaps I can find you one 2nd hand (DX-100 main board ) from a retired / Idle DX-100 with bad print head.. hope still available

6 hours ago, zevo said:

no way to communicate with the printer with epson software.

maybe there is a procedure, a series of operation, that allows the initial connection with the printer, and then the wrinting of a new firmware.

maybe the service manual could describe that.

in any case, it's not convenient for me to change the original firmware with the epson one.

furthermore I couldn't find the fuji firmware, so my hopes for a self-fix seem unlikely.

thanks anyway, and still hoping and waiting that someone has a solution.

Hi you have to use the  service software for the re write the firmware to the machine again.

On 4/20/2019 at 6:05 AM, zevo said:

hello everybody!

I have a Fuji Frontier-S DX100 and I had to reinstall drivers, and as you know, at the end of the procedure, the installer software updates the printer firmware too.

unluckily in the same very moment an issue occur with electricity, and the printer stays with all lights always on, as if it was in the middle of the firmware update, and does not communicate anymore through the USB connection.

does anybody know a way to rewrite the firmware?

I hope that someone will be so kind to give me some help and solve this situation.

thanks!

Try to use the maintenance software to rewrite the firmware to the machine again.

As I told before maintenance software can't do miracle. Software can restore firmware only when it see printer. Can try two maintenance software - maintenance software for SL-D700 and maintenance software for DX100. The latest maintenance software version - 1.7.0. Also try two printer drivers ( Epson and Fuji ) . Maybe one of these combinations will help to restore firmware. Read service manual to find more information.

Can someone please provide me Service Manual of SLD700 with maintenance software.  Please Epson India has already ripped me off in the very first year of purchase. And again cheating me by demanding service only under AMC with exorbitant charges at almost half the Machine cost.  Please someone help me with this..

Rajesh