filmtastic

Noritsu S-4 Conversion to HS-1800

Hi

Does anyone have experience converting S4 to HS-1800? 
We have the conversion kit but the manual is incomplete. 

We now have an expensive furniture sitting in our lab. Any help is appreciated.

Somphon

Ask support kit supplier. What you do not understand, when have kit and manual? Many times converted S4 to HS-1800 without manual and without any conversion kits and they all work.

If you need software I have all to run this scanner. Can offer the latest EZ controller ( version 6.80 ) . It can work with dongle, or without it. Also can offer the latest system software, which is designed to work on W10.

We did, but so far they can't tell us.

The manual for the conversion they provide is very basic and missing information. For example, the firewire connector. One side is obviously to connect to the computer, but we cant see any socket to connect it to the PCB board. It was not stated in the manual. 

Also the manual simply state remove optical fiber cable and lvds cable not reuse. But it does not mention which one as it says to reconnect all the connector in the instruction previous. 

Can you help?

2a47ee11-cf2b-4213-a4e7-34b5b1548d01 2.JPG

Scanner doesn't have any firewire cable. Here on your picture USB 2.0 B Type extension cable. As Dave S said you have connect it into the most important part - scanner control pcb. It is necessary to replace with board, which is in your kit.

In your kit included other board - scanner driver pcb. This board can leave original, or can replace with supplied. Your choice to replace it, or not. Old model perfectly works on converted scanner.

Yes, remove old ( long ) LVDS cable. Instead it connect new short cable supplied with kit. Other cable side connect to scanner control pcb ( connector at the top - look picture above ) . ARCNET cable will not need anymore.

Write private message, if need any software to run scanner.

Edited by Minilab service

On 5/9/2019 at 7:07 PM, Dave S said:

HS1800 PCB.jpg

I'm guessing your "conversion kit" didn't include the most important part, the scanner driver PCB?

Hi Dave,  actually it did but the manual did not state the obvious. Its actually also my fault for not examining the board carefully before installation. So I could not see the socket after it was already installed.

So many many thanks for this!

Honestly we are still clueless as the unit arrived without any documents or software other than the simple and incomplete conversion instructions..

Aside from that, the UPS busted up the unit quite badly. More examinations to do.

Refering to LVDS we need to remove, can you kindly show me which one? Which is ARCNET cable?

Thank you very much for any help you can spare.

Somphon

I responded your private message and hope explained all there. If still do not understand something - write me again. Software not included into kit, so it is normally. With kit you got more hardware, than really need for conversion. ARCNET is optical cable ( one pair - transmitter and receiver ) . It was connected into old scanner control pcb ( black and white round connectors ) . You do not need ARCNET cable, when scanner converted into HS-1800.

Edited by Minilab service

16 hours ago, Minilab service said:

I responded your private message and hope explained all there. If still do not understand something - write me again. Software not included into kit, so it is normally. With kit you got more hardware, than really need for conversion. ARCNET is optical cable ( one pair - transmitter and receiver ) . It was connected into old scanner control pcb ( black and white round connectors ) . You do not need ARCNET cable, when scanner converted into HS-1800.

Thanks! PMed

All connect already and you do not need change anything. New short LVDS cable is already connected to the scanner side and other side connected to board.

Marked connector on top is not LVDS. It is regular connector. Leave it connected.

Can do one change - fix LVDS cable to ground using clamps with screws.