Sign in to follow this  
rllerena

ERROR 1406-00013 "Remove the 240 film...."

Hi all, 

I've been getting this error, even though I've yet to use the 240 area to scan. I was getting the 135mm error as well but that has stopped popping up after i did a cleaning of all surfaces on the inside of the 135/240AFCII carrier.  My question is  where exactly are the sensors that trigger this sort of error? I'm using an antistatic cloth to clean the areas marked in yellow, it seems to have helped to clear the 135mm error.  Is there another I should be aware of regarding this issue? thank you!

IMG_9751.JPG

IMG_9752.JPG

IMG_9753.JPG

Doesn't matter, that you do not use 240 lane. If have error there you can't scan 135 lane also.

When you have 01406-00013 error that means that have errors from few 240 lane sensors. Set 240 lane, go to input check and look which sensors are dark.

When you see error from few sensors can be calibration problem, or problem with carrier hardware. Go to scanner menu and make scanner backup.  Then go to afc menu and try adjust sensitivity and intensity for these sensors. If even with maximal value ( 255 ) sensors still dark that means your afc is not working and need to repair it. 

It is not some miracle. Now have 7 carriers to repair ( from UK, Germany, Sweden and Latvia ) . All they have various hardware problems and I have to repair them. Rare had to change sensors. Usually other problems cause error.

Now you have two errors - 240 lane ( few sensors ) and 135 lane ( many sensors also ) . Hope you understand, that so many sensors can't be faulty at the same time. It is some other problem. Your carrier rollers look fine, so if you want I can repair it. Write private message, if want to do it.