Sign in to follow this  
mateidumitru

Konica R1 Standalone Scanner

Hello! I'm trying to open a film lab and one of the greatest difficulties I've encountered has been finding a professional scanner. The Noritsu LS-600, LS-1100 & Fuji SP500 or SP3000/HS-1800 are way out of my price range, so I've been trying to find out more about the Konica DP-1000. 

I've managed to wrangle some sample scans out of a local lab and I'm trying to purchase the scanner off of them. However, they still need the printer to work and thus the computer the scanner is attached to. However, I'm hoping I can clone the computer's hard drive for the software and only buy the scanner to use standalone. 

My questions are:

• Does the input section of the Konica R1 work without the scanner attached?
  • If I mirror the HDD of the Windows 2000 scanner computer, can I use the scanner standalone?
  • If I disconnect the scanner from the Windows 2000 computer, can the digital printing features still be used? Does the Konica software work without the scanner?

Your help and expertise are priceless. Thank you.

Yes, R1 can work without scanner. Have turn off scanner on Konica software and can disconnect it. Of course can print only digital files. 

Can use scanner standalone on Windows XP, Windows 2000. Even on W7 x86 it should work. To run software you need dongle. It is on original computer, but they need it also.

If on workstation is version 2 you will have missing printer error, if try to run stand alone scanner. It is not problem - I know how to bypass it. Also can make dongle to run second computer. Into dongle can enter more options, than you have now. Can add all options, which can find on Konica R3. All these options can be added into R1 and R2. If you have empty dongle I can program it online. Contact, if need something.

Each workstation need dongle. When scanner and minilab are separately you need two workstations ( one for printer and other for scanner ) . 

Might be they have empty dongle. Optional software where supplied with additional dongle. When licence transferred into main dongle it becomes empty. I can program it. Could be dongle from Any ch reg, Caption Edit, CD-R , Digital-ICE, HCDR-A,  ICC, LUT select, Print-Driver, Printer tone setup, Red eye, Scale adjustment, Tone customize

To empty dongle can add main licence ( to run software ) and any optional modules. All can do online.

If you can't get empty dongle I have them. I can add main software and options you need and send dongle to you. When you have second dongle you can run two working stations.

By the way - if someone need can make additional workstation, which can be connected to existing minilab. Just need install R-EZ software and plug in dongle with R-EZ licence and optional modules. Have these dongles also.