Emac

Noritsu 3502 plus going off line intermittently

Hi much appreciated if someone could help I have a problem that has been happening on the lab (noritsu 3502 plus) for months now ...basically it goes off line...now it could work for a  week then you have a few days of torture with it going on and off all day long .. the error codes are 06681-00005 and 10006-0000 

To fix it so far I have changed network card, changed lead from network card to network switch and changed network switch. ...and still happaning 

I have attached a picture to this post 

Would really love any help anyone could give me thank you so much in advance 

IMG-20190525-WA0001.jpg

06681-00005  - the communication between the input side and printer I/F main PCB failed in printing process. 10006-00000 means could not start printing as the printer is not powered on.

Can be problem with LAN cable, LAN interface inside computer, or I/F control pcb. First try replace cable. Connect it directly between computer and minilab ( without hub ) . In this case have to use cross cable. If not help - try put other network card and connect there. Look network settings. Have use static IP. If all that will not help - then problem with I/F board. Can try to find display module and connect to your minilab. Then can see minilab status and control printer directly ( without computer ) . If see that problem with  I/F control pcb you need replace it.

Hi thanks for getting back to my post....question. ..when the error is saying check the Lan cable... is that talking about the cable from the pc to the network switch?  Or is there another Lan cable between the pc and the printer? 

If you are using a network switch, there will be 2 cables.
1 network cable from the EZcontroller PC to the network switch and
1 network cable from the 3502Plus to the network switch.

As Minilab service has suggested the best configuration is to use a second network card in the EZcontroller PC with a Static IP address and connect to the printer using a crossover cable.

UPDATE. ..HI all thanks for the replys there much appreciated ...yes Dave S this was news to me that there were TWO cables coming from the lab to the network switch. ..I changed the one from pc to switch but didn't know about the one from the 3502 to the network switch. ...which must be 10 years old!! so it will be changed this Tuesday hopefully it's just a faulty cable! ! Thanks Alansur and Minilab Service also. ..no doubt I will be back I'd that dosent work lol

Hi All i have tried new lan cables still getting the error intermittently  i think a static ip might be the answer its above what i can do tho ...can someone recommend a technician in northern ireland that would be able to help me? 

Warmest Regards

I think you can do it yourself. Just need enter IP and mask on Windows ( network properties ) . Check it - maybe it is entered already. Also to be sure can connect minilab and computer directly - without any hub. Have use crossover cable. If really can't find yourself I can check network settings online ( using internet ) . Also can ask engineer from Republic of Ireland.

You do not need technician to find IP and mask. Almost everybody know how to do it. Go to Windows Control Panel. There find "Network and Sharing Centre" icon and press it. Then press "Change adapter settings" . There select adapter, where connected your minilab. Click right mouse button and select "Properties". There select TCP/IPv4 and press "Properties". Then you can see settings - automatic IP, or already entered static address and mask.

You have static IP here. IP 192.168.1.12 and mask 255.255.255.0 . Go into minilab menu : service mode  → Extension → Maintenance → Machine Specification . Look minilab network settings there. IP - only last digit should be different ( usually there 192.168.1.11 ) . Mask should be the same. If different - change it on menu, which is on your screenshot. Also connect minilab and computer directly - without any hub ( have use crossover cable ) .