Sign in to follow this  
killavoltron

SP500 Installation and Scanning Problem

Hi everyone, I recently bought an SP500 and have all the necessary software for it (IC III and Frontier Manager Controller, MS01 v3.0, MS11 for SP500), however I believe I might be installing it incorrectly and would like some guidance in doing it properly. I want to run it as a stand alone scanner (just scan and export to desktop). I'm running it on a Windows XP VM and restored the base setup using a ghost file from the IC III disc. I installed MS01 and selected MS01 with Scanner Support and then installed MS11. Everything installed fine, however I keep getting an error after inserting a negative ( "A communication error occured between Imaging Controller and CTL circuit boards.") and under the Printing section of the scanner software, there is no option for "Export to PIC". Only "Printing with Film" is displayed. Can anyone please help me out? Also wondering if there's anyway to prevent all the other Fuji software from running in the background (Panda, Order Screen, etc). Thanks

On virtual machine use Windows XP PRO 32 bit version. Disable firewall, set correct user and password. Then install driver, MS01 and MS11. Ask your scanner and software supplier. He got your payment, so should explain all steps how to install all. Also read instillation manual, which should be with software. If can't get support from him write private message. Many times installed this scanner ( on Windows XP and Windows 7 ) and all worked well. If need have updated software to install SP=500 on W7.