Sign in to follow this  
chuck902

Noritsu 430 Temp Sensor Error

I am trying to get a Noritsu 430 film processor started up that has been sitting for several years. 

At one point it was giving a low solution error when the tanks were full.

I poked at the level floats and got that error to go away.

Now I get a Temp Sensor error on all tanks plus the dryer section. Error Message 113.  Obliviously its a problem with the whole Temp Sensor circuit.

Any idea how to start troubleshooting this?

Hi chuck, I have and operate a QSF 430L-3 and have the manuals for it if that's any help?

Just checked and it says the action for error 113 is to replace the sensor which is obviously not ideal.

If you PM me I can send you a scan of the control circuit diagram which I believe has the Temp sensors on it

Check for bad connections by removing and refitting all the connectors on the main CPU board.

Try removing the connections (screw terminals) for each sensor probe and check the resistance of each one, they should all be very similar.

My thinking is possibly one probe has gone short circuit and is dragging the voltage down stopping all the other probes from reading properly.