Forestyl

QSS 31 NOT STARTING

Greatings membres.

Out 3111 processor is having a problem To start. After turning on the main circuit breaker, only the LED 11 on Power PCB 1 will come on, so no drive tuning, no solution heating. Event the starter jumper on Power PCB 2 will not start the machine.

The printer section seems to work well since I can ear it initializing, but the computer will not co.e on.

Please any assistance will be greatfully appreciated.

Thank you so much.

51 minutes ago, Dave S said:

What LED's are lit on the Power PCB 2?

I suspect one of the DC power supplies is dead.

Green LEDs 1, 2', 3 and 4 are light on power PCB 2

The printer section initialise and the computer also starts. Only the Processor section remains idle and nothing turns on there (drive motor, solution heateers, dryer, ...).

The multimeter shows +5V and +24V on the Processor power supply.

On the Processor control PCB, all the LEDs are light.

On the power PCB 1, only LED11 is light.

The TR1 transformer supplies 25.1 VAC.

I am really confused.

Edited by Forestyl

On 9/15/2019 at 5:02 PM, Dave S said:

Do you have 5V on the PROCESSOR CONTROL PCB?

When the computer starts what is shown on the screen?

Does the QSS software start up normally?

Are there any error messages?

+5V ok on Processor control PCB. But the QSS software start by showing Error message 6901-0008-Arc et communication error-Processor control PCB, and Message 1801-0080-Execute software upgrade-Image Processing PCB.

Check the fibre optic ports on the processor control PCB are not blocked with debris, trim the ends of the fibre optic cables with the special cutter.

Until you have communication with the processor control PCB, everything in the processor will be turned off.

Of course it could be a faulty processor control PCB.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:16 PM, Dave S said:

Check the fibre optic ports on the processor control PCB are not blocked with debris, trim the ends of the fibre optic cables with the special cutter.

Until you have communication with the processor control PCB, everything in the processor will be turned off.

Of course it could be a faulty processor control PCB.

Thank you. I will do so later because having a journey now.

Finally, bad to replace Processor Control PCB and the machine started.

But the QSS. is making out green Prints ; even the small triangle on test prints comes out green. First I swapped AOMs drivers to check there could be a faulty one and nothing. I also change chemistry, nothing also.

The 'Input Check' shows 'Synchronous' for Laser Sensors. But the Polygon Miror section is showing 0 (zero) rpm.

Could he be some laser head is dead ?

Do a data transfer test to confirm there are no issues on the image processing side.

Is it a type A or a type B laser unit?

Double check all the connectors going to the AOM drivers are all going to the correct place, it is easy to get the in and out connectors mixed up. Check also the 5 pin connectors are going to the correct AOM.

Try swapping the G & B driver boards around with each other to see if you get a different result.

8 hours ago, Dave S said:

Do a data transfer test to confirm there are no issues on the image processing side.

Is it a type A or a type B laser unit?

Double check all the connectors going to the AOM drivers are all going to the correct place, it is easy to get the in and out connectors mixed up. Check also the 5 pin connectors are going to the correct AOM.

Try swapping the G & B driver boards around with each other to see if you get a different result.

The laser unit is type B.

I will perfom the data transfer test and give you the result.

I swapped the AOM drivers but nothing changed. I will check all connections around back and feed you back.

Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, Forestyl said:

Sorry, Polygon Miror's frequency instead is 2243, not 0 (zero).

IMG-20191010-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191010-WA0000.jpg

Ok the image processing side is all reporting good. So the issue is on the laser side.

Check all the connections are correct, if all correct swap the green and blue driver boards around with one another, and check the results on the prints.

8 hours ago, Minilab service said:

If it is B type laser then swap laser drivers - B with G. 

3 hours ago, Dave S said:

Check all the connections are correct, if all correct swap the green and blue driver boards around with one another, and check the results on the prints.

After I check all connections, swap B laser driver and G laser driver, prints still remain the same.

IMG-20191010-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20191010-WA0004.jpg