Jorge

White Print

I have a noritsu 3501, today the printer with white backgorund picture, It came out as not pure white. It looks more yellow and red.

Same picture file I printed with epson surecolor p9000 it came out pure white !!

I am guessing something wrong with noritsu 3501 , i did daily set up and emulsion Number change before print

Need help!!

Thanks

DSC_4757.jpg

Changed 2 of first STB, The print still same color, Not pure white!! Change last 2 STB. The print still same, not pure white came out.

I am still having the same issues after change STB !!

Now what?? Help

Thanks

Does the unexposed paper also have yellow whites?

It could be contamination of the CD, the whites tend go yellow on crystal archive paper with CD contamination.

It could also be the BF is weak.

Without running a paper control strip we can only guess.

I saw white a little reddish, when CD was too strong. Look replenishment rates and check replenishment pumps. Also can be that CD was contaminated.

It is easy to find out is bad white due CD, or other chemicals ( BF + STB ) . Have open processor top cover and put magnet on cover sensor ( minilab should see that cover is closed ) . Then run remove top turn rack, which is between rack 1 and rack 2 and run processor. Take piece of not processed paper and put into 2nd rack ( BF ) . Paper on output should be white. If not - problem with STB, or BF.

If paper is white return turn rack and close processor. In dark room put piece of photographic paper into control strip holder. Then run minilab processor and put control strip holder into hole on processor top cover. Paper will be full processed. End of paper should be black ( it was fogged ) and other part ( which was inside holder ) should be white.

12 hours ago, Jorge said:

Thanks, David

I am pretty sure Bleach was fine so I did Cd change. Now the pure white came out.

How come CD become bad?

Thanks

Possibly some chemistry dripped off the No.3 crossover when it was removed. Or some drips when the No.2 rack was removed. The BF is strong it doesn't take much to contaminate the CD with BF.

Or like Minilab service said the replenisher rate could be too high for the chemistry you are using. Or somebody did not put enough water in when mixing the CD replenisher.

Edited by Dave S

Thanks Dave and Minilab service

It was very helpful your information.

Machine is running as it should.

I have this printer only for my portrait studio already for 12 years , the business is slowing down every year. Now I'm facing low quantity of prints. How do i keep chemical in good working order? Any tips?

To keep the chemistry in good condition you need to use a chemistry with a high replenisher rate.

Kodak make many different types of RA-4 chemistry. You want to avoid using the LORR ones (Low Rep Rate) for low print quantities.

KODAK EKTACOLOR RA Developer Replenisher RT is designed for lower print counts. This normally runs at a lower temperature of 35°C

David,

Yes, that is what I use "RA-4 LORR", I have heard KODAK EKTACOLOR RA Developer Replenisher RT , but I guess there are too many set up need to change on the Noritsu . I'm afraid I can do right to change all those setting on Noritsu.   Like amount of ml to pump how many print to pump replenisher.... for CD, Bleach and STB.

Will I able to change all those setting?

Thanks

Yes it is very easy to change those settings.

Menu: Extension Processor Settings Processing Solution Temperature Setting

Menu: Extension Processor Settings Standard Replenishment Amount Setting

Ask your chemical supplier for the correct replenisher ml/m² and temperature settings.