Jafromex

How to replace rollers in 135/240 AFC-II ?

I have successfully  replaced the rollers in the 120 AFC, but the service manual does not have the procedure for replacing rollers in the 135/240 AFC-II. It appears more complicated to take apart. Does anyone have documentation, photos or videos of how to do it?  Thanks.

It is easier replace upper rollers. To replace rollers at the bottom need remove whole carrier ( 6 small screws ) , disconnect FFC, remove few sensors. After replacement need return sensors and adjust their positions ( otherwise sensors will not work ) . When have not experience It is easy to damage FFC contacts, or connector, so have do it very carefully. My advice would be to give someone, who has experience to repair carriers. Many times I got to repair these carriers after unsuccessful roller replacement.

Just replaced the rollers in my 120 Carrier the other day.. wasn't too hard to do.. bit tricky in some spots.

Main thing is to get them glued on the shaft at the exact spot.. have to be within a bees dick to get right.

Works perfect now! Here in Australia Noritsu wanted about $850AU for the rollers.. got cheap ones on ebay (china) for $190AU delievered.. Still hard to see the value of such little things! guess supply and demand isn't there haha

20200406_095209.jpg

20200407_093615.jpg

It is more difficult to change rollers on 135/240AFC-II if compare with 120AFC-II, or 135AFC-II.
Noritsu sells roller assemblies ( rollers with shafts and mounting elements ) . Rollers made in Japan.
From China you got only rubber rings and nothing else. They are made in China, so can't be sure how long they can work. 

Thats true.. still only rubber and was 1/4 of the price.. Bit of a no brainer.

Come to think of it putting the rubbers rollers on the shaft is the easy part. Spend most of the time pulling it apart.

glad my 135/240 looks fine for now!

United States.   My machine has been collecting dust for quite some time.  I bought a Hassleblad X5 to do some high end scanning and now I am ready to start scanning my bulk items on the Noritsu.  I have 2 units (one needs everything and one needs all except for the most expensive).  Was going to buy these yesterday:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114386724288?ul_noapp=true  but when I inquired he was out and put it to "out of stock."  I asked today if he plans on getting them again as I was getting much higher quotes to get supplies.  I bought a set of rollers without the pins (rods).