Sign in to follow this  
dumidumi

DP-1000 Workstation software on different PC.

Having just fixed my scanner, I'm now chasing a performance upgrade, as the original PC isn't very fast when dealing with Max-resolution TIFF files. I've installed Windows 7 on a new PC and installed the MFS/RD5 film scanner driver, the Lockstar key driver, the registry keys and moved the rsystem folder. I have also transferred the original PCI FireWire card (VIA VT6306) to the new computer.

The scanner appears in the Device Manager (MFS Film Scanner), however, Phenix doesn't recognize it. What do I do next?

15 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Which Windows on new computer - Windows 2000, XP, or W7 x86? Did you transfer all Konica drivers, which where installed on Windows?  Try to clone original HD, find missing drivers and after that.run Phoenix.

I'm running Windows 7 x86. Are there any other drivers to install than the MFS Film Scanner Driver and the Lockstar driver?

I've tried a couple of things and I'm still having no success whatsoever. All of my drivers and services are correctly installed. I've found this topic by Zarat in which they describe the same problem I'm facing. (ERR-L1179) However, I can see that they managed to solve their problem and I was wondering if anybody had some extra ideas.

Edited by mateidumitru

Thank you so much for your patience. I do have the original KIC-1 PC, but was looking for an upgrade. The Windows 2000 image I have didn't work on a new pc and crashed with a bluescreen no matter what I did. However, I never even thought to try Windows XP on the new computer - and it worked like a charm, right out of the box, without even having to install the Visual Basic 6.0 dependencies! Thank you so much!

Guess you have blue screen, because on BIOS selected HD AHCI mode. Choose IDE mode and all should work.

I installed DS-2001E scanner on W7 PRO x86  and W10 PRO x86 ( both - 32 bit ) . Everything worked. Just had to use different firewire board drivers and change software settings.

Konica W10.jpg

Edited by Minilab service