Sign in to follow this  
mcpix

QSS-3502 vs. QSS-3501 (not plus)

I currently have a QSS-3501 Noritsu and the opportunity to purchase a used 3502 has come up. l know the 3502 has a multi-lane print feeder for higher volume but I'm wondering if it's also faster at processing orders? I'm also wondering if all the other components are the same (processor racks, crossovers, etc.) as it would be nice to be able to switch parts between machines if necessary. Thanks!

33 minutes ago, mcpix said:

I currently have a QSS-3501 Noritsu and the opportunity to purchase a used 3502 has come up. l know the 3502 has a multi-lane print feeder for higher volume but I'm wondering if it's also faster at processing orders? I'm also wondering if all the other components are the same (processor racks, crossovers, etc.) as it would be nice to be able to switch parts between machines if necessary. Thanks!

The 3502 paper processing capacity is approximately double that of the 3501.
The 3502 has a speed up dongle attached to the PC.
In terms of computer processing, the speed is the same as the PC is the same.

The Paper advance unit is single track on the 3501 and double track up to 102mm width paper on the 3502.

The processor section is identical, (assuming both machines are the same RA-4 specification)  On the 3502 there is an extra sensor on the exit of the dryer rack, and the 3502 has a big order sorter unit attached.

Thank you for the quick replies. I  understand that running 2 lanes of 102mm paper will increase the output, but how does it run more prints of the larger sizes of paper? Does the processor itself run faster? Is the dongle on the inside of the machine? I want to make sure I get it from the owner. I'm having it shipped, so I won't be able to physically inspect everything until it arrives. Thanks!

Two lanes print can only QSS3502. QSS3501 has not this possibility. Processor works at the same speed. Faster works only printer.
Into QSS3501 processor from printer comes one print and on QSS3502 - two prints.

When printed on wide paper both minilabs can print the same speed.

On QSS3501 and QSS3502 can be added long print option ( software and hardware ) . Then can print 914 mm length ( instead original 610 mm ) .

Thank you for the info! Speaking of long print software, I purchased a CD with the long print software off eBay, but it needed a password to run. Do you know what password is required? Does it also need a dongle to work? Thanks!

1 hour ago, mcpix said:

Thank you for the quick replies. I  understand that running 2 lanes of 102mm paper will increase the output, but how does it run more prints of the larger sizes of paper? Does the processor itself run faster? Is the dongle on the inside of the machine? I want to make sure I get it from the owner. I'm having it shipped, so I won't be able to physically inspect everything until it arrives. Thanks!

On the 3501 the gap between each print is larger so the capacity is reduced compared to the 3502. Basically the printer is slowed down by the software, this happens on all sizes, so even prints larger than 102mm will still print faster on the 3502.

The processor speed remains the same between the 3501 and 3502

The dongle is attached to the parallel port on the back of the PC on the 3502. Booster D software also has to be installed.

35 Processing Capacity.jpg

Long length is long length software, serial number to install it and hardware ( paper guide assembly, lower paper guide assembly, control box cover, protector and three knob screws ) .

Also exists high-spec modification kit to convert QSS3501 into QSS3502. There is dongle, CD with booster D software, serial number to install software, paper advance unit, processor loading unit and sensor unit.

Thanks, that's exactly the information I needed. I was watching my printer today and there is about 10 seconds between each 4x6 print. I can see where  there is room to speed up the time between prints.