Sign in to follow this  
statefilm

Noritsu S-2 Error 06306 - Scanner IRIS Operation Error

Which error do you have? Can be 06306-0001, 06306-0002, or 06306-0003. 

This is scanner IRIS operation error. Can be mechanical fault, not working IRIS sensor, IRIS motor, power supply, bad connections,, broken cable, faulty AFC/scanner driver PCB, AFC/scanner control PCB.

I don't know at the moment. We are closed today.

We could cure it for weeks with get the iris motor moved in the menu where one can also move the zoom motors.

Now it's not moving any more, because we have "clean the magnetic AFC error" (or similar) as well, I guess the iris motor is stuck and it does not let enough light in..

We had to change LED light source 3 months ago, now this.

Still would like to have some schematics.

Thanks!

Edited by tibi500cid

All possible problems described on my previous message. On IRIS used stepper motor and you can check motor control circuit only with oscilloscope. IRIS motor control circuit is on scanner driver pcb.

Also can be that motor works, and can move, but scanner doesn't see signal from IRIS sensor. IRIS sensor is connected to AFC/scanner control pcb.

Inside scanner unit used flat flexible cable and it can be broken. Also can be some mechanical fault. To check all that need open scanner unit. Need to do it in special environment, because dust can get inside and you can't use scanner anymore. When scanner unit removed to install it back need adjustment charts. Only with charts can find proper position, make tilt - swing, light axes and focus adjustments. If have not charts and experience you can't do it yourself.

On diagram is only external connections. No scanner unit internal circuit. IRIS motor driver output - on scanner driver pcb connector J/P29 pin 14, 17 ( + 24V power supply ) and motor phases control ( pin 16, 18, 15, 13 ) . IRIS sensor output connected to AFC/scanner control pcb ( connector J/P18 pin 9 ) .

Edited by Minilab service

Thanks for this info, however if I don't have a diagram how the whole system looks like I don't know which board is which.

I would need a diagram to see which PCB is where, where are the cables located, where are the connectors You mentioned.

I don't have a service engineer here that I can call to get it repaired. I have to do it myself. I am screwed anyway, if dust goes into the scanner than thats it, I don't have a working unit that I have to use every day. So I am screwed anyway, would need help in the form of a diagram.

Thanks!

On scanner only one connector named J/P29 and only one connector named J/P18. I wrote which board has which connector.

If you do not see where is driver pcb ( pcb with motor drivers ) how you going to repair them? Anyone who has little experience to repair electronics easy can say where is driver.

AFC/scanner control PCB is J390879 and AFC/scanner driver PCB - J390768 .

First need to make sure that problem is inside scanner unit and only then open, or remove it. If scanner unit removed - you can't install and adjust it. You have not charts and have not experience to adjust after that.

To repair scanner need to have oscilloscope, understand how work stepper motors, have experience to repair electronics, have charts and know how to install scanner unit ( find position, adjust tilt, swing, light axes and focus ) .

Yourself you just can check +24V on IRIS motor ( J/P29 pin 14 and 17 ) , check J/P29 connections ( pins 16, 18, 15, 13 ) , check connector J/P67 on scanner unit ( there connected IRIS motor ) , check connector connector J/P18 on AFC/scanner control pcb ( IRIS sensor output - pin 9 ) , J/P69 on scanner unit ( there connected IRIS sensor) . If you have boards can try replace them. Also can test your boards on other S2, or S3. The same AFC/scanner control PCB used on S4 scanner. To test AFC/scanner driver PCB is enough connect to other scanner. Not so easy with AFC/scanner control PCB. To test it need save backup. On other scanner need upgrade software and read other scanner backup. After that need return original software and backup.

Scanner diagrams are on CD with service manuals for your minilab. Do not know which minilab you have. You can purchase this CD and you have everything.

Bought another S-2 scanner today, will have it here on wednesday, I will do the swap and then the lod one has to be repaired.

I wanted to check cable connections on it, not repair a PCB but this can wait now.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Minilab service said:

"Yourself you just can check +24V on IRIS motor ( J/P29 pin 14 and 17 ) , check J/P29 connections ( pins 16, 18, 15, 13 ) , check connector J/P67 on scanner unit ( there connected IRIS motor ) , check connector connector J/P18 on AFC/scanner control pcb ( IRIS sensor output - pin 9 ) , J/P69 on scanner unit ( there connected IRIS sensor) "

Thanks, great to have this info, but without a picture or drawing I don't know where these connections are. That is my problem the first place.

Best regards.

Connector numbers are written on connectors and on boards. Just enough to look and see them. Only two boards in scanner rear box, so impossible do not see them. On board can see where is connectors pin 1 and where last pin. All other pins need to find counting.

Pcb pictures are on minilab service manual. Do not know what is your minilab model. S2 can be connected to many minilabs and even can be stand alone. There are CD with service manuals for all minilabs. Diagram is on the same CD. Only connection diagram there. No board internal diagrams.

I have CD for many minilabs. On this message tried upload one page from circuit diagram. Pdf file size very small, but it was not uploaded. Converted to .jpg, but was not uploaded also.

Edited by Minilab service

1 hour ago, tibi500cid said:

When I swap the S-2 Scanner with the other S-2 Scanner on Wednesday, what should I do to thest it?

I will backup everything before doing the swap.

All scanner settings are stored in it. There is no need to adjust anything when replacing the scanner.
If you write a backup from an old scanner to a new one, its settings (focus, etc.) will be corrupted.

Hello. If scanner unit removed and put back then scanner backup will not help you. It is enough remove and put back and values will be different.
After instillation you need find scanner unit proper position ( where light curve approximately good ) . After that need make swing - tilt adjustments and light axes adjustments. All that need do adjusting screws. After that need to make focus ( for all zoom rates and for all carriers ) . Focus can do using software. To make all these adjustments need adjustment charts. Need them for all carriers and lanes ( 135, 240, 120, mounted slide and other if you have them ) .

I changed the scanner to another used S-2.

It came with a 135/240AFC-II.

Just did a light source update and it works fine. Pictures are crytal clear and sharp, no blur.

We have not yet inserted other AFC-s into the scanner (like 120 or 135 slide AFC).

What should I do with them? Just light source update or area registration first?