Hi,

This is the first time I have used this site.I purchased a Noritsu 3300 which had not been used for about 4 months.I filled it with water first

and started it up.It came up to temperature and the S2 scanner and laser seemed to calibrate ok.

I then cleaned the tanks and filled with fresh chemistry.The circulation started ok but the computer did not start.On checking the power supply had failed for the computer.

I have replaced this with a new power supply and the machine now comes up to temperature.I am now getting a line scanning communication error 6331-0001 on the S2 scanner.

I pass this error and try to print an image but the laser then gives an error message Laser control PCB system error 6087-0003.The laser temperature then resets for 8 mins

and the error is then repeated if i try to print again.

I have checked the connections on the laser PCB which seem to be good.Is there a chance the laser control board part number J390919 has failed ?

Any advice would be welcome.

Many thanks and stay safe in these difficult times

Chris

6087-0003 - laser Control PCB system error. The image data that is sent to the laser control PCB from the PC-laser-interface PCB via LVPECL does not agree with the image data that is sent by ARCNET communication.

6331-0001 - line scanning communication error. The communication among the AFC/scanner control PCB, PC-scanner interface PCB, the scanner control PCB or the PC interface and main software has problems during light source registration.

Probably you have noise on ARCNET and it cause errors with two boards. Remove QSS icon from Windows startup menu (move to recycle bin, or some other place ) . Close Noritsu software ( close down check, F, quit an application ) . Then open disk C, there run ARCNET test software and look with which boards have communication errors. If you see errors with many boards then probably you have noise during communication. One by one disconnect ARCNET cables from boards to find where is noise. In most cases noise cause scanner pcb and processor pcb. During test should be communication errors with disconnected board, but shouldn't be any errors with connected boards.

To make communication better you can trim ends on optical cables ( surface should be plain, 90 degrees ) . Also blow dust from sensors. Be careful, when disconnecting ARCNET cables. On sensor need to press sensor holder, hold it and only then carefully remove cable. If you do not it - cable and sensor will be destroyed. Look service manual how to handle ARCNET cables. There can see all - even with pictures.

When finish tests return Noritsu icon, correctly close ARCNET test software, restore drivers and agree to restart. After that Noritsu software should start.

Hi,

I have run the tests suggested  and I am still getting the error messages.I ran an arcnet test for 3 mins

with no errors.These errors 6331-001 line scanning communication error and 6087-0003 laser control PCB

system error are both still happening at startup.

Would anyone have any other test to try.

Best wishes

Chris

If no errors when you run ARCNET test then probably ARCNET is good. Just in case can try to run longer time test.
If no errors - might be during startup these boards do not start to work correctly and minilab software doesn't get response from these boards ( through ARCNET ) .Try go to service mode and run software upgrade from HD ( for laser pcb and AFC/scanner control pcb ) . Check power suppliers on these boards.
It is not big problem, when you see errors during startup, but do not see them latter ( when working, or making tests ) .