Sign in to follow this  
Fototech

Noritsu 3201 error 6137-0001

Good day everyone
May someone help, I am facing Noritsu 3201 error 6137-0001 Exposure Advance pressure change motor2 operation error.
I have swapped exposure advance pressure change motor 1 & 2 but still I receive the same error.
Exposure advance pressure change sensor 2 is ok.
If I output check there is no movement of exposure advance pressure change motor 2. I changed printer I/O PCB1 still error is there.
Please help!!

Check in in output check to see if all the other motors in the printer are working or not.

You will need to put a magnets on the cover/ door sensors so the machine thinks the cover and doors are closed.

List what motors are working and what are not.

Check the voltages on the I/O PCB 1 are correct. +5V +24V and +36V

Edited by Dave S

All other motors are working in the printer section except Exposure advance pressure change motor 2.

All Voltages are correct on printer I/O PCB 1 (+5V, +24V & +36V)

What else can I check? 

Check for damaged wiring on J/P200 on the Printer control PCB (J391254) to J/P245 on the I/O PCB 1.
And J/P248 on the I/O PCB 1 to J/P342 on the exposure advance unit.
Then from J/P342 to J/P347 on the motor.

It could be the Printer control PCB is faulty and not sending the signal to drive the motor, but I think what is more likely is a plug not fitted properly, or a cable that has got damaged.

Have you checked each pin for continuity from one end of the cable to the other?

If you are 100% sure the cables and connectors are good, the fault must be with the Printer control PCB then, as you said you have replaced the I/O PCB 1 and the motor already.

The printer control PCB sends the signal to the I/O PCB 1, which then connects to the motor.

There is literally nothing else in the loop.

I changed the printer control pcb still same problem. I checked the short cables to the motor & find out that cable no. 3 & no. 4 are showing continuity at connector no. J/P347 and also on connector no. J/P346 (PM12 and PM10).  Is this condition OK with these motors? 

Check the continuity between J/P248 and J/P347 (there are only 6 cables to check here).

I'd say the problem is the signal from the printer control PCB is not getting through to the I/O PCB 1. Check between J/P200 and J/P246 (there are just 5 cables to check)

It seems you have the wiring diagram, on page LP3-6 EXPOSURE ADVANCE UNIT(2)  J308961-02 it shows you the full wiring connections with pin numbers from the printer control PCB to the motor.

As you have now changed the Motor, I/O PCB 1 and the Printer Control PCB, (assuming all those replacement parts are fully working) the only thing left now is the wiring.

Please post back when you have found the problem.

I understand sir but did not answer me on the diagram I posted. Actually I exchange motor1 & motor2. I am not sure if they are the same because from that diagram the last 2 digits are different. I am not sure there. Or else I need exact motor there? 

The part number for the motor is different, so they are probably different. The difference will probably be a different shaft length or something similar.

But for testing purposes the coils of the motor look to be the same, same number of wires and same PM driver chip, so electronically they should operate.

You said only the pressure change motor 2 was not working, after you swapped it with the pressure change 1 motor, did the pressure change 2 original motor operate normally in the pressure change motor 1 position?

Good day after swapping motor 2 with motor 1 pressure change motor 2 operate well in pressure change motor 1 position. 

Today I changed motor 1 and 2 with same motors, still there is no movement in motor 2 position. 

I don't understand now what should I do to rectify this. 

Have you checked the 5 wires for continuity between J/P200 and J/P245?

Have you checked the 6 wires for continuity between J/P248 and J/P347?

My guess is the big ribbon cable from the printer control PCB (J/P200) to the I/O PCB 1 (J/P245) has got some damage to it somewhere along it's length. Maybe it got trapped under a screw or panel etc.

Edited by Dave S

Hello Dave, thank you very much for your great support. Well, I have checked all the cables as you recommended. I also changed the flat cable from printer control (J/P 200) to the printer i/o 1.

I also tested the motor directly from printer i/o 1, still motor is not turning. 

I have 2 Printer controller pcb & am getting the same message. I am confused now. 

Any new ideas I welcome. 

Remove the pressure guide. When the machine is on and the doors and covers are closed (magnets on the sensors) can you easily rotate the pressure change motor 2 by hand?

Can you easily rotate the pressure change motor 1 by hand?

If you turn the pressure change motor 2 cam by hand are you 100% sure the sensor is operating in input check mode?

When does the 6137-0001 error occur?  When the machine is initialising? Or only when trying to make a print?

Hi Dave

I cannot easily turn motor 1 by hand(it is energized) but motor 2 can easily be turned by hand (not energized).

Both sensors exposure advance pressure change sensor1 & 2 changes state from light to dark in input check. 

The error occur when machine is initializing. Motor 2 is not turning. 

As you can turn the motor 2 easily it means there is no power going to the motor from the PM driver which is on the I/O PCB 1.

Check you have +24V between the machine ground and pin 1/2 on J/P347 the colour of the motor wires is shown in the manual as white and black.

Have you checked the continuity from each wire from J/P248 to J/P347?

Good day

Yes I have checked continuity it was OK. 24V yes present on motor terminals. 

Well, I changed printer i/o & error disappeared. It reappear after sometime, now it is alternating for motor 1 & for motor 2. Also motor 2 is now energized but the movement is not ok. I changed both motors but still they are not rotating well. They are kind of vibrating. 

I upgrade printer control pcb, still no joy

I don't understand, on your very first post you said you had already changed the I/O PCB 1?

The reason the motors are vibrating (juddering) will be due to some of the stepper motor poles not being driven by the PM driver chip.

Possibly one of the coils on the motor is going short circuit when the motor gets hot, or the I/O PCB 1 you have just replaced is faulty, or there are bad wiring connections between the motors and the I/O PCB 1.

Yes I decided to change again the printer i/o 1. At first it intializes well but after  sometime error pops again this time both motors. 

Maybe the printer i/o pcb is fault. But this board caused the motor 2 to energize (that was the initial problem) 

Well as you didn't have a problem with the motor 1 before you changed the I/O PCB 1 again, the chances are the second I/O PCB is also faulty as it has introduced a new problem that you didn't have before.

Ideally you need to test these circuit boards on another working machine to confirm if they are faulty or not.

I'm wondering if you have unplugged the PM motor with the power on? If so it can damage the PM driver chip and blow the board. Never unplug a stepper motor that still has power going to it.

Edited by Dave S

I understand. Surprisingly all other motors are rotating well in output check. It's only the 2 pressure change motors giving problem, other motors on the exposure advance unit rotates well. 

So the new board is dead only at the same driver section of these motors???? 

I have thoroughly checked the cables from printer i/o 1 to exposure advance unit & to the motor too. 

Each stepper motor has it's own driver chip.

By the sounds of it yes the PM driver chips on the I/O PCB 1 are faulty.

By thoroughly checking the cables do you mean with a multi metre? A visual check will not always show any problem.

As I said earlier it could be one of the motor coils that are going short circuit when the motor gets hot. Check the resistance of the coils, both motors should read similar to each other.

I have thoroughly checked cables using test metre. 

I have a question. Does this motors supposed to rotate in one direction or both directions in output check. 

Both motors are turning in both directions. Is this normal?? 

They operate between the positions of pressure roller in and pressure roller release. I suspect they probably only turn about a quarter of a turn in each direction in output check.

So yes I would say that is normal. I'm not 100% certain of that as I don't have a machine to check that on at the moment, but as both motors 1 & 2 are operating in the same way it seems highly likely that this is the correct mode of operation.