Sign in to follow this  
surviving

E06901-0521 arcnet error

Hi I have an Frontier LP7500 and got this message E06901-0521 when I tried to plug the fiber cables between prossesor and printer please need your helps 

NB: Frontier LP7500 is the same as noritsu 3702sd

No SD on QSS37 series minilabs. SD can be only on QSS32 and QSS33. Fuji LP7500 is Noritsu QSS3702F ( standard resolution printer with Fuji replenishment system ) .

06901-00521 consists on three errors 06901-00512 + 06901-00008 + 06901-00001 .
06901-00001 - no communication between printer I/F main pcb and printer control pcb
06901-00008 - no communication with processor control pcb. Processor control pcb is connected through ARCNET hub, which is on printer control pcb, so when printer I/F main pcb doesn't see printer control pcb then it will not see processor control pcb also.
06901-00512 - no communication with laser control pcb. Laser control pcb is connected through ARCNET hub, which is on printer control pcb, so when printer I/F main pcb doesn't see printer control pcb then it will not see laser control pcb also.

So when printer I/F main pcb doesn't see printer control pcb you have 06901-00521. Can be bad ARCNET cable connection on printer I/F main pcb and printer control pcb, not working one of these boards, missing power supply. Also can be that one of 4 boards makes noise and whole system doesn't work.

Check power suppliers on printer I/F main pcb and printer control pcb. Try remove ARCNET cables, clean and blow connectors, cut ends of optical cables ( 90 degrees ) . Run ARCNET test ( can do it from service mode ) . Read manual how to handle ARCNET cables ( how disconnect correctly and connect bad ) . It is easy to destroy optical connectors.

If still have errors to eliminate ARCNET noise disconnect optical cables from processor control pcb and laser control pcb and run ARCNET software. After that should be ARCNET connection between printer I/F main pcb and printer control pcb and no connection with disconnected boards. If even then have not connection between printer I/F main pcb and printer control pcb can be that one of these boards is faulty, doesn't have power supply, or bad ARCNET connection between them.

Edited by Minilab service

All explained on message above. Can't add something else. You have not ARCNET communication with all boards. As I told before two boards are connected through ARCNET hub, which is on  printer control pcb. You have not communication with  printer control pcb., so can't have communication with two other boards.

Can be problem on I/F main pcb, printer control pcb, or ARCNET connection between them. Also can be that some board makes noise.

Disconnect laser control pcb and processor control pcb ( remove 4 ARCNET cables from printer control pcb ) . Then try restore good connection between I/F main pcb and printer control pcb. ARCNET cables on printer board can be connected to any ARCNET transmitter and receiver. Even can be transmitter ( TX ) from one pair and receiver ( RX ) from other pair. This way can find, which transmitter, or receiver doesn't work. Only when on ARCNET test you will not see communication errors with printer control pcb you one by one can connect other boards. ARCNET cables can be disconnected, or connected when minilab is powered. If need connect, or disconnect electrical connectors then necessary turn off minilab using breaker.

Edited by Minilab service