Sign in to follow this  
Jenkis

Noritsu LS-600 scanning problem

I just bought a second hand Noritsu LS-600 scanner, but I have'nt been able to scan a single frame so far. I have installed the twain driver and everything seems to be fine. I'm able to communicate with the scanner and I'm able to run the calibration. But I'm not able to scan. I have used Irfanview software and Xnview software so far. The scanner is visible in both programs but I'm only able to run the maintenance functions?? I have recently bought the Noritsu EZ controller as well, but the same thing happens. The software communicates with the scanner and it's visible as an input source, but I can't scan. I'm able to import from HDD and CD but the negative options are deactivated. Any ideas?? I'm getting crazy!

What version of Windows are you running? Is that 32 bit or 64 Bit?

What version of LS-600 software are you using?

What version of the Twain driver and EZcontroller are you using?

Hi Dave,

I have tried two different computers:

1. Windows 7 Professional 32 bit / LS-600 Ver.7.00.002 / EZ controller Ver. 7.00.036.

2. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit / LS-600 Ver. 3.0 for Windows 10 / EZ controller Ver. 7.00.036.

The exact same problem on both computers. The scanner is activated when running the software. It's displayed in Input Media and the maintenance functions are working perfectly fine. But the scanner/negative scanning is not activated in Input Media Selection. I can only choose CD and HD.

LS-600 system software version 7 is the latest. Can use it on any Windows. LS-600 system software version 7 and S-600 system software version 3 is the same software.

After system software instillation you need install driver. Driver has not digital signature, so need restart with options and select to install not signed driver. On W7 can install without it. There are two driver versions - for 32 and 64 bit versions.

To register scanner on input media need tick film scanner option and confirm. After that can select scanner, which system software installed.

If you want I can connect using Teamviewer and look what is wrong there. Additionally can make all EZ controller settings the best for LS-600. Also remotely can connect your scanner to my computer. There installed EZ controller, LS-600, LS-1100, HS-1800, few printers and everything work perfectly. On menu I can select any scanner. Write private message, if need a help.

If you can access the scanner maintenance program and do the scanner calibration the Windows drivers must be installed correctly.

For EZcontroller I think you just need to register the scanner in input media. Go to Management Tool → System management → Input Media → tick the
Film Scanner → Click OK. → Select the machine type to LS-600 → Click OK.

Then set up the print channel settings and the output media settings.

Edited by Dave S