Tomo1972

Noritsu 2301 shutter problem

Good afternoon. I'm new to the forum, but I urgently need your help. It's about the fact that I have a problem with the shutter on Norist 2301. My shutter is faulty and I'm currently waiting for the sh2089 part, is it supposed to break down most often. Once I came across somewhere that they sell such machines with gpe dcarrier as I have and there was no upper head on them at all where the shutter and filters are. I only do digital images and I don't need that shutter, but I'm interested in how this option can be turned off. I’ve seen that some machines don’t have that top, and yet they do the pictures. So I would beg you to help me if you know how to bypass and turn off the shutter. I am attaching a photo to see what I mean and that there is a solution to it. Thank you very much.

4_1.jpg

i have quantity 2  [ PM driver complete Assembly ] with the SH2089 on it of course

write me email so I can share you photos.,,, David Lam, Hong Kong        ( davidlam@sinopromise.com )

To control shutter used special shutter motor driver (I043085, or  I043098) . It is different, than drivers connected to other motors. On QSS23 many motor drivers have SH2089, but these drivers can't be used to control shutter motor. The same shutter motor driver (I043085, or  I043098) used on older Noritsu minilabs ( QSS19, QSS22 series ) . Faulty SH2089 is typical fault on these drivers. In most cases bad smd resistors, soldering, or burned bare smd FETs. It is easy to find SH2089 and change it.

I know, but I'd like to turn that option off if it doesn't work at all. to be as in the picture attached .. sh2089 and change, but I don't have it at the moment. I ordered and have been waiting for a month for it to come, but I would still work to turn it off. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Tomo1972 said:

I know, but I'd like to turn that option off if it doesn't work at all. to be as in the picture attached .. sh2089 and change, but I don't have it at the moment. I ordered and have been waiting for a month for it to come, but I would still work to turn it off. Thank you.

The 2301 was designed as an analogue machine which has to use a shutter to make a print, therefore the error cannot be turned off as the machine would be useless without an operating shutter!

The picture in your post is a CPDM 23N1 conversion kit that was created by a company in Poland (it was nothing to do with Noritsu). This system used it's own hardware, software and control boards, to make digital prints. Only the Noritsu hardware was used to transport and process the prints, none of Noritsu's original software control was used.

So there is no option to turn off the shutter on a standard Noritsu QSS-2301

3 minutes ago, Dave S said:

The 2301 was designed as an analogue machine which has to use a shutter to make a print, therefore the error cannot be turned off as the machine would be useless without an operating shutter!

The picture in your post is a CPDM 23N1 conversion kit that was created by a company in Poland (it was nothing to do with Noritsu). This system used it's own hardware, software and control boards, to make digital prints. Only the Noritsu hardware was used to transport and process the prints, none of Noritsu's original software control was used.

So there is no option to turn off the shutter on a standard Noritsu QSS-2301

Dave. thank you very much.I'm disappointed if that's the case, and I believe I can see that you understand each other very well. and tell me Dave what to do.

If you Minilab have automatic paper mask can you remove SH2089 in the  driver paper mask.

can you disable paper mask, your minilab can work without this and solved your problem.

The easiest option would be to replace the stepper motor controller that Minilab Service mentioned.

It may be possible for an electronics expert to make some kind of electronic shutter emulator circuit to simulate the operation of the shutter to keep the software happy.

5 minutes ago, Tomo1972 said:

Dave. thank you very much.I'm disappointed if that's the case, and I believe I can see that you understand each other very well. and tell me Dave what to do.

Dave I have where dcarrier ice that doesn't work over the shutters. He projects the image onto paper and so prints it. Practically that up where the lamps and filters are completely irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, TECNOR said:

If you Minilab have automatic paper mask can you remove SH2089 in the  driver paper mask.

can you disable paper mask, your minilab can work without this and solved your problem.

I have a paper mask if you mean the one that opens and closes. but it has nothing to do with it. or I didn't understand you well.

4 minutes ago, Dave S said:

The easiest option would be to replace the stepper motor controller that Minilab Service mentioned.

It may be possible for an electronics expert to make some kind of electronic shutter emulator circuit to simulate the operation of the shutter to keep the software happy.

That's right . That would be great . i read that some emulator can be installed that simulates the position of the shooter. How

3 minutes ago, Tomo1972 said:

Dave I have where dcarrier ice that doesn't work over the shutters. He projects the image onto paper and so prints it. Practically that up where the lamps and filters are completely irrelevant.

Ok, but it makes no difference, the Noritsu software will not allow you to print if it doesn't see the shutter operating. It will simply give you the shutter operation error and you can't continue.

1 minute ago, Tomo1972 said:

That's right . That would be great . i read that some emulator can be installed that simulates the position of the shooter. How

I don't know, it's beyond my expertise.

1 minute ago, Dave S said:

I don't know, it's beyond my expertise.

You think it's impossible to do without a shutter then. I ordered sh2089 but I've been waiting for it for a month. By the way, robustyn used to leave me and I just change that and everything is ok, but I still thought that there were solutions like this

if your minilab have automatic paper mask is very easy repair driver shutter PM driver.

The driver paper mask have driver SH2089, can you remove this and replace into Shutter PM driver.

2 minutes ago, TECNOR said:

if your minilab have automatic paper mask is very easy repair driver shutter PM driver.

The driver paper mask have driver SH2089, can you remove this and replace into Shutter PM driver.

Yeah that's what you meant. i ordered sh2089 and have been waiting for a month. and I have already removed the paper mask and I no longer have spare ones. Is it so that it just goes on the board. electronics don't go away I think never.

It is impossible turn off. When shutter doesn't work during initialization and printing you have error. Digital carrier use minilab software, so minilab should have signals from shutter sensors. When minilab was designed digital carriers didn't exist, so all prints ( using automatic carrier and manual carrier ) where made using lamp and shutter. Digital carrier works instead manual carrier ( manual mode - time using keyboard ) .
You can just find driver from older disassembled minilabs ( QSS19 and QSS22 ) . Shutter driver model is RBD2A-201 ( made by Sanyo ) , so you somewhere can find not from minilab. 
SH2089 can be removed from motor driver PMM-BD-4505-1 . They used on QSS19 and QSS23.
Now shipping from China by post takes about 2 month. Can buy another chip from seller, who can offer express shipping. There are many companies, which offer it.
SH2089 can be repaired. Need remove plastic cover and silicone. Of course it is quite difficult.
One more possibility - to make own design circuit, which can simulate shutter. This circuit should be connected to driver input and shutter sensors. Then shutter always can be opened, but minilab circuit can see that it works. Of course then would be impossible to print pictures from films. 

10 minutes ago, Tomo1972 said:

You think it's impossible to do without a shutter then. I ordered sh2089 but I've been waiting for it for a month. By the way, robustyn used to leave me and I just change that and everything is ok, but I still thought that there were solutions like this

It is not impossible, but there is no "off the shelf solution" that I know of. It would have to be custom made. As I said earlier the easiest option would be to make the shutter operational again.

As Minilab Service has already said you need the Stepper controller with the part number  I043085 or I043098, you cannot use SH2089 for the shutter motor controller.

4 minutes ago, Minilab service said:

It is impossible turn off. When shutter doesn't work during initialization and printing you have error. Digital carrier use minilab software, so minilab should have signals from shutter sensors. When minilab was designed digital carriers didn't exist, so all prints ( using automatic carrier and manual carrier ) where made using lamp and shutter. Digital carrier works instead manual carrier ( manual mode - time using keyboard ) .
You can just find driver from older disassembled minilabs ( QSS19 and QSS22 ) . Shutter driver model is RBD2A-201 ( made by Sanyo ) , so you somewhere can find not from minilab. 
SH2089 can be removed from motor driver PMM-BD-4505-1 . They used on QSS19 and QSS23.
Now shipping from China by post takes about 2 month. Can buy another chip from seller, who can offer express shipping. There are many companies, which offer it.
SH2089 can be repaired. Need remove plastic cover and silicone. Of course it is quite difficult.
One more possibility - to make own design circuit, which can simulate shutter. This circuit should be connected to driver input and shutter sensors. Then shutter always can be opened, but minilab circuit can see that it works. Of course then would be impossible to print pictures from films. 

To wait a very long time sh2089. And suggest me what to do so I can work. I don’t do analog images at all so that’s not a problem for me. I scan movies and make them on a digital carrier. Thank you for trying so hard and thank you if you can help me with what you have written that there is still some option for my salvation

4 minutes ago, Dave S said:

It is not impossible, but there is no "off the shelf solution" that I know of. It would have to be custom made. As I said earlier the easiest option would be to make the shutter operational again.

As Minilab Service has already said you need the Stepper controller with the part number  I043085 or I043098, you cannot use SH2089 for the shutter motor controller.

I know it's not the same pm. But I only downloaded sh2089 from the pm driver and switched to sanyio robustyn and continued working, but now I don't have sh2089 anymore

I have just confirmed that the SH2089 chip is used inside the Sanyo Denki robustyn shutter motor driver unit.

So you could take the chip from a different PM driver that uses the same SH2089 chip, such as the one used to control the paper mask.

Edited by Dave S

1 minute ago, Dave S said:

Ok, so you are saying inside the shutter motor controller I043085/ I043098 (sanyio robustyn) the chip used is SH2089?

That. just change that and everything will be fine. but I don't have that right now

do you is correct this is not PM driver shutter, I said this PM driver have also SH2089 and can remove, but if him no longer have this then can you ask any engineer any design for emulate shutter control.