sapsi

dks 3 motor rack problem

There was a weird noise in one of the racks while I was printing some photos  and I opened the dryer to investigate. At that time, the dryer and the racks stopped moving. After lowering the dryer back in its place the racks failed to start moving again. I powered off the MINILAB, removed the paper that was left in the racks and then restarted the machine. Upon restarting it, I was greeted by an error message saying that the rack motor does not work and the motor itself runs at maximum speed (263Hz, as shown in the first picture attached). The diagnostic software prompts the message in the second attached picture. Thinking it was a controller issue, I replaced the motor controller chip, but to no avail; the issue remains.

I didn't get the pictures. Usually when you hear a noise from the racks, that is the gears jamming or jumping a tooth when there is a paper jam. Please send the pictures again.

The rack function speed maxim 280hz but not working dryer, not working plan exposure , not controlled motor rack, no stop motor rack from S.U

I don't know what is the problem, but you said you replaced the board (maybe not the problem) so you need to see if you are getting power to the motor. Is it jammed where it can't move even with power? If the racks don't turn, nothing else will work 

There's another post regarding this I believe. There are two leads on the tank board, possibly white and black larger wires. If you disconnect them from the board and touch them to a nine volt battery, the rack motor will run. If it doesn't the rack motor is bad. I'll be in the office tomorrow. I'll research further and get back. Good luck!

Hi Sapsi,

Here's the post regarding testing the motor and fixing the tank board if that's your problem:

Best of luck,

Ken

Not change tank can board, and the motor rack is starting but it self runs at maximum speed, not intialization  (263Hz, as shown in the first picture attached). The diagnostic software prompts the message in the second attached picture. Thinking it was a controller issue, I replaced the motor controller chip, but to no avail; the issue remains.